Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. ē
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
TON Themes; completed!
Topic Started: 24 Jun 2008, 06:34 AM (3,838 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I finished and uploaded the new site Themes. Try them out!

Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
It's actually quite attractive, thanks Moonsyne! :D <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Iíve been hypnotized

The colors are very pretty, and I like that the background is not a stark white. (easier on the eyes) But on the other hand to me the text needs to be darker.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

I like it! Especially the roundedness of the edges.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

I like the colors but it's a bit... Monochromatic... Maybe some different colors? Everything is pretty much the same colour now... But I guess it's a learning process, I guess you all need to learn to how to work the site too :) I'd like to try my hand at making a theme if there's a theme generator or something somewhere. Or a template that you can just change the colours? Glad to see the toon ocarinas back :)
Edited by Pandaman, 24 Jun 2008, 08:45 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

I wub it! =D

but its not very ocarina like XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Voted: Anything is better than the default!

I like it though, a definite improvement. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar

This is excellent Moonsyne. I was torn between option 1 and 2, but decided on 1.
I could get used to this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
I like the layout but am not so sure about the colors. Perhaps a warm yellowish orange or yellowish gold for the background, deep burnt red for the headers (ie. as I'm replying that would be the Fast Reply box, Your Opinion and New Theme boxes). I also feel that the text in the banner could be darker.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Sorry to double post but I think Moonsyne just edited the theme some. I like the new banner and the purple ocarinas! Excellent touch of color. Not so sure about the coral pink header with the links though, it looks a bit garish next to the purple.

[edit] Or did I lie? On another work computer the banner is still light grey. Anyone else?
Edited by shadowyi, 24 Jun 2008, 07:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Um...I haven't changed the Blue Ocarina Theme since it was uploaded.
Instead, I am working on a second one.

EDIT: New theme added. Bon Ton.
Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Depending on which browser you use and which edition, the skins will look different. There's different color schemes on the three different computers I've used to access TON for the same theme. By the way, this is also why some people see huge gaps of space between each post (I think Deepred asked about this earlier?). Our layout looks especially like crap on older computers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I miss having my old computers to test these things on. I tested these two themes out on windows vista in both firefox 3 and Internet Explorer.

No worries though.
They're only until somebody makes some permanent ones. :gamer:
Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
It's nice since it's quite mellow and calming.... needs a little more contrast though on the outlines and text to make it slightly easier to read.

But it's a big improvement on the other skins :)

The old peach colour scheme was fun and cheerful :) I still miss all the little happy dancing ocarinas! lol :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Bon Ton is so different! I think I prefer a little more color. I do like the artistic edges and corners though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The graphics that make up the themes are the easy thing to change.
The time consuming/hard part is changing the CSS designated colors.

There's like a bajillion of them.
Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar

This theme must stay -.-

I love it already
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

I wub it! But the Add reply and new topic button is sitll the crappy Purple one! XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Each theme has the ability to have thier own buttons. I've found a number of premade ones, or I can add my own. There's like 500 different ones for every darn thing. We'll see what I come up with over the next several days. :D
Goto Top

Mikael
Member Avatar

The purple button is fine. It suits the general look.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I updated with matching icons for Blue Ocarina theme, which covers most of the generally seen images. I still cannot change that darn clock in the bottom corner.

Bon Ton will be updated soon as well.
Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

One thing I've noticed is that the banner on the new themes doesn't link to the main website like the regular one does. That's been the only thing preventing me from using them so far. I sort of click that link a lot to check the blogs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Uploaded all the new Bon Ton icons. Enjoy!

I created Website/Blogs buttons located at the bottom of the page.
I thought about it, and added the TON Youtube Group as well!
Don't forget to vote in the new poll *points up*

If there is any other links we NEED to have posted, we have room.

Goto Top

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
Couple comments.
The Bon Ton theme is nice otherwise, but it's little hard on your eyes. The contrast of black and white atleast makes my eyes hurt. Maybe change the white to grey? Or to some other (darkish) color?

The icons are also whole lot better now. But I think it'd be better if you added some contrast between nonewreply.gif and newreply.gif icons. Grey out the nonewreply.gif and make the newreply.gif more brighter. It will make it easier to spot those forums that have new replies.

Other than those, awesome job on the themes. :thumbsup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

To be honest yes, i tis... Moonsyne do you remember our old forum, those colours are the best. I actually changed back to the default one coz it doesnt hurt my eyes.

Oh btw the blue ocarina is also lovely! =D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar

I think we should have something with multiple colors (not orange and blue) that compliment eachother :) I like the old colours, they were easy on the eyes :) And I miss all the little ocarinas everywhere :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Just a question - is it not possible to create a theme that most closely resembles what we had back in Invision before we converted?
I miss the creamy peach coloured ocarina background :D

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar

Yeah we definitely need another one like that! That'd be awesome :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
^ Oh yes please. I do appreciate all that Moonsyne has done, but I feel a bit like a headless chicken running around with all my pushing for a warmer colored theme. Pretty please can we have something like our old theme again?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar

preferably with the little ocs as background again :) Those were the best ^^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
teidon
26 Jun 2008, 12:03 PM
The Bon Ton theme is nice otherwise, but it's little hard on your eyes. The contrast of black and white atleast makes my eyes hurt. Maybe change the white to grey? Or to some other (darkish) color?
Or you could try changing the black background to a dark grey and it could still work and give that old fashioned film look.
Edited by Aryah, 26 Jun 2008, 07:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh my oh my...

I love the concept but the colors are not a very wise choice, it's too plain...

I actually switched back to default... :X

I'm sorry. |-_-

Then again, a modern look with fresh colors would be really great. :>
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Amongst all the dissent, I think I'll pass the theme making torch on to somebody else.
When people are switching back to the original Zeta, it's a sure sign of epic failure.
Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

No, we really appreciate the work you're doing, we just want different colors. I really like your Blue Ocarina theme.
We are really grateful for the hard work you put into the themes and pips and guides and everything that you do.

If you want to pass the torch though, maybe you can offer advice or any tricks you've learned?
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Alright, one question about our banner. Shouldn't it read, 'Be Here or B Flat'? TON is here, not elsewhere.. :shy:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

That is what was suggested. I only cut n' pasted.
But 'there' isn't really specified, is it? ;)

I added Cream Dream, but this is my last theme; at least for a long while.
I am still happy to update and such for the current ones. No problem.

*sick of css and color wheels*
Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Iíve been hypnotized

Moonsyne

Also try Bon Ton
I find that much easier to read (more contrast) than Blue Ocarina. Nice graphics!
shadowyi

I like the layout but am not so sure about the colors. Perhaps a warm yellowish orange or yellowish gold for the background, deep burnt red for the headers
We should have a warm-hued theme (for those like shadowyi who prefer warmer colors), and a cooler color scheme for the people who prefer those. DeviantART's website has a very nice green color scheme. Not too bright; the greens are muted.
Edited by speckles, 28 Jun 2008, 09:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar

Love the cream dream moonsyne ^^ awesome job!
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Iíve been hypnotized

Pandaman
27 Jun 2008, 08:21 AM
Love the cream dream moonsyne ^^ awesome job!
Ooooo....just saw this one! The best so far! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think the three (plus the original) gives a variety that serves a a larger group of tastes. The original is high contrast, Bon Ton is stark and classy, Blue Ocarina is warm and kinda fuzzy, while Cream Dream is full of visual impact.

I don't plan on making icons for Cream Dream because
it was designed to be more compatible with the basic ones.
Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I'm loving the cream dream Moonsyne :((

I feel more at home now <3 :D :thumbsup: !!! Thank you soo much!

:cookie: :rupee: :cookie: :rupee: :cookie: :rupee: and a :triforce:
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Hallelujah! I love cream dream, thank you Moonsyne!
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

CREAM DREAM FTW!!!!!!!!! You are awesome for making this one! =D

And the two links are awesome, whoever made them.
Edited by stevtomato, 27 Jun 2008, 07:40 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Somebody could (EASILY) talk me into creating another theme if they can provide me with excellent quality original (non-copyright infringing) artwork in which they are willing to give TON the rights to .... that depicts a non-human character clearly playing an ocarina, and which can be used as as the TON mascot and in buttons/banners to advertise/link to the site.
Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Ah, Cream Dream brings back the old background! Very nice!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter ē Facebook | Read the FAQ