Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Questions regarding the use of Zeta
Topic Started: 15 Jun 2008, 05:36 PM (1,972 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey guys!

I know that there's a lot of trouble at the moment.

I made this topic so you can ask questions regarding the use of Zeta.

PLEASE Don't got too off-topic here since this is a FAQ topic.

One thing many people asked me is why there's no "Go to first unread post" button.
We don't need one, Zeta automatically brings you to the first unread topic.

Also, no, there's no personal assistant anymore.
However, you can use the portal instead, you find it directly next to the link to the guidelines.

And yes, you can embed YouTube videos as well as add spoilers.

YouTube Videos examle:
Code:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kvM52blx2A[/flash]

Would result in

Or

Code:

[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]

Would result in

Spoiler: click to toggle

Zeta has a lot of handy BBCodes, you can find them here or under the link that says "Full BBCode List" atop the text editor.

Okay so, if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them. ^_^

Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
How about my query from before, would we be able to cannibalize the old layout, slap it here while people work on a completely new layout?

I'd also suggested some skins I'd found, is there any discussion going on about them?
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

No, the old CCS is gone T_T plus Server 15 is having difficulties with their CCS system, so not only us but every1!
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Ahh I gotcha. How about some basic changes such as changing the background to a light orange? Anything to get us away from the current hideous look to a more personalized look would go a lot towards making it pretty again!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nope.
As we said a couple of times before, we can't customize the CSS at the moment. T__T
Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Ahh yesyes. Sorry, I was more wondering if we would be making some basic changes once we can customize the CSS, or would everything stay this way and all of a sudden have an overhaul two months later?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

Once they get css working I think you can make all the skins and stuff you want and they'll be at the bottom left, under "choose a theme". That's what I picked up anyway, but that's kind of like what you can do at OU
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh yeah exactly.
We can add a couple of different stylesheets (meaning different CSS).
So you guys can select different looks.

But I think we're gonna concentrate on a basic TON layout first and get rid of this before we think about alternate themes. xD
Goto Top

Kajalamorth
Member Avatar
That guy on the left
Can we get the ninja emote back?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
The Ninja *is* back! Moonsyne added him
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

I only see a blue ninja :ninja: But a :ninja: is better than no :ninja: .
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Just wanted to say I really like the new stat boxes that have popped up -- counting views, posts, and topics. I also like the real time 'user reading this topic' and 'user posting' lines at the bottom of the thread. I'm all about stats! :excited: Was this an option that just blinked into place when our server was fully converted? Or is this something to be toggled on and off in an admin CP?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah we can turn it on and off.
And I turned the stats on a few days ago actually. XD
Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

I dont think they have it on IF does it?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

What the stats?
Nope. lmao
Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Also about the stats, is there a place to turn on stats for our blogs? It's be awesome to see how much traffic we get, etc. Or.. are there even stats for the blogs?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I find it creepy that people can look at what thread I am in and what I am doing in it (reading, replying).
Although I have watch where newbies go and what they look at.
:omg:
Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
:poke:

Where'd the delete option go for PM's? I'm kind of weird about keeping my Inbox tidy :|
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
^ I looked all over for it and :omg: , it is indeed missing! But does this mean that we have a lot more space for our inbox compared to before? I was always running out of space before but it hasn't given me a single warning: your inbox is too fat type of message.
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Yeah I know, the inbox used to be FAIL and now it's so awesome!
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Ive been hypnotized

DeMaulwurfn
15 Jun 2008, 05:36 PM
Also, no, there's no personal assistant anymore.
However, you can use the portal instead, you find it directly next to the link to the guidelines.

The portal is better than nothing, but....when will the search fuction be up and running? IMO, that is one of the most useful fuctions, especially for new members.
Today I wanted to look up all the posts by a recent new member, and of course the search doesn't work. :( I, for one, and getting fed up with seeing "Search offline while the search system indexes all posts. Please check back later.
Error Code: 24009:2481069" I check back later, and it is the same.
Pleas get the Search working, then worry about the skins.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Quote:

Pleas get the Search working, then worry about the skins.

Is that a problem with our end or Zetaboards?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
For the record, automatically going to the newest message is a really annoying feature.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
speckles

Today I wanted to look up all the posts by a recent new member, and of course the search doesn't work.

You can find all posts by a certain member by clicking on their name anywhere, then hover over "Profile Options" and click "List Member's Posts"
SkipSandwich

For the record, automatically going to the newest message is a really annoying feature.

I actually quite like it, and am annoyed that the other forums I visit don't have the same feature, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Ive been hypnotized

shadowyi

Quote:

Please get the Search working, then worry about the skins.

Is that a problem with our end or Zetaboards?
Well, if you and others are having no difficulty searching, then it must be on my side. :( Are you able to search?

Aryah

speckles

Today I wanted to look up all the posts by a recent new member, and of course the search doesn't work.
You can find all posts by a certain member by clicking on their name anywhere, then hover over "Profile Options" and click "List Member's Posts"
Thanks! Posted Image
Sometimes my denseness astounds me. :o I actually did go to the member's profile, but didn't find an obvious visible link. It never occurred to me to mouse over the member's name.*duh* :facepalm:
Edited by speckles, 27 Jun 2008, 08:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Search doesn't work for me either, probably a Zetaboards thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
I'd thought maybe one could search the site using Google, with the advanced search string specifying this site, but that didn't work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
speckles
27 Jun 2008, 02:18 AM
Aryah

speckles

Thanks! Posted Image
No problem! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was told that as soon as the search system finishes the transformation of the forum, it should work fine.
Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Is this a bug? The Top 10 Posters of Today link works for half of the day, and the other half it says no posts have been made today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
That's weird, haven't noticed that at all.
I'll check if I get that too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey!
Sorry that I was gone for so long.

Okay on both things, the search and the top poster listing.

The search function is not working on all servers, the Zeta staff if fixing this at the moment.
And yes Shadowyi, this is a bug related to the conversion as well.
It's on the bugfixes-to-do-list of Zeta, but until then we can't do anything about it. =/
Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
Aryah
24 Jun 2008, 07:32 AM
Where'd the delete option go for PM's?
Also, was wondering if we are able to get those Mark All Forums Read/Unread buttons/links?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It has something to do with the new conversation method of PMs.
If you were to delete your PM, the chain would break.
This makes it so there are not any -> "RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Original PM" PMs filling the inbox. Instead, this adds the newest "RE:" PM to the original PM so there is some form of coherency. Instead of trying to remember the original topic, the newest "RE:" pulls the saved PM from your "Archive" folder and re-instates it into you inbox.

Meaning: There's no delete option.

And there already is a Mark All Forums As Read button:

;)
Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
DeMaulwurfn
6 Jul 2008, 12:52 AM
And there already is a Mark All Forums As Read button:
Ohhhh, not in the usual spot hehe. Thanks :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hehe~ yeah it's a bit hard to find.

No worries. :D
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ