Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Zetaboards Conversion; Now that we have just been converted...
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2008, 04:34 AM (4,300 Views)
stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Hey guys,

As you could probably have seen, we have been converted to Zetaboards. YAY :music:. I understand that the board is now at a really pathetic looking state. But remember that TON used to look pathetic too :P

The AdminCP and all other stuff are really really new for us and we don't really know how to use it first.

Since the other admins are sleeping, I am going to make some decisions myself (because I think it's really important).

Due to the fact that now we have theme selector, anyone can have their own themes (but please, not too many themes xD). So, I would like to ask you guys to help us out here. Go to this link and click on the Theme Generator link and generate themes that you like. When it's done, PM me so that I can put it up as the TON Theme/Background.

Some new features are listen in these links: here and here. Please read those if you are interested in the new features of this board.

I am pleased to inform you guys that our topics, links, sheetmusic, tabs and articles are still here. I'm also pleased to say that our PIP System is still here (thank God! I was pretty worried about this) :pirate: and the secret PIPs of course, are still there for you to discover :fly: And all our emoticons are still here too! =D

I understand that it will take time for us to get used to the new look of TON, I mean I was like :omg: when I first saw it. Please be patient as Admins and Moderators try to better our forum.

Other than that, welcome to TON ZetaBoards! Le Ton always! :TON:

~The Ocarina Network~ Staff

This is our old background link http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/Phannasone/oCcream.png
A black version of our background http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm174/DeMaulwurfn/Ocblack.png
Our old border thingy http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/nevaehLOVE/redblkmusic.jpg
Edited by stevtomato, 14 Jun 2008, 04:38 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Okay what the crap. I was updating my story, had a nice long section written, clicked submit and the DAMN THING DISAPPEARED. Stupid conversion made me relogin. BAH. I'll look at themes when I wake up tomorrow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lamparin1905
Member Avatar
Tomato's Young Padawan
man! ive been trying to create a good and appealing theme, but i suk!!!! T-T :cry:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Error:
moonsyne is not registered on this board. Please check that you have registered and that you have entered the correct username.

:?
Goto Top

mightyicecream

im gunna have to get used to this xD
ill try and take a look at the admin CP :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Well you can post here now, so no prob right moonsyne? XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

It's already made me re login twice... Can I ask, why the change? What was wrong with the old one?
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Well when we first made the forum, we wanted ZB, but we couldn't be asked to move the entire forum (IF) to ZB one, so we waited for it to be automatically converted, didn't know it took this long.

Nothing wrong with the old one. Just this one have more features. Of course changes are not easy! But yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it soon.

Oh I just love this:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

The colours and layout is really confusing at the moment :wacko: Let's get it all fixed up asap :xD:

Aww... so sorry to hear that happened, shadowyi ... cookie for you :cookie:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
I miss my Assisstant.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Personally, I don't like the new layout, but once we get a theme it will hopefully be better, I'm gonna miss the thousands of ocarinas floating the the background...but TON is TON so it will still be awesome XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Ive been hypnotized

stevtomato
14 Jun 2008, 10:35 AM
Nothing wrong with the old one. Just this one have more features. Of course changes are not easy! But yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it soon.

I've been up all night, so maybe I'm too tired. :(
I know you have all worked very hard on this, but...

The bloody search function still doesn't work.

Sorry.

I'm having trouble with the quoting function. Like when quoting part of the message, then responding to that part, then quoting another section of the same message and responding to that part. With the old forum format, once you previewed your post, the quoted message and your resonse were in the same field (instead of 2 separate ones) With this new format, the quote and your response remain in separate fields. They can't be combined.
If I'm missing something here, plese tell me!
Edited by speckles, 14 Jun 2008, 02:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
I have only on thing to say...

Where did the Ninja go? :brb:
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Pandaman's name has somehow been converted from Dr. Mario to Pandaman.. :omg:
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

yeah he requested for a namechange, you can do that too =P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pyromanaic21
Member Avatar
the one who loves FIRE....
Quote:

I have only on thing to say...

Where did the Ninja go? :brb:

I know...I use it for like every one of my posts.....because I'm to lazy to make a signature....and the pirate is still there.....I WANT THE NINJA!!!!!!!! :mad:

....... :bomb: (see the ninja belongs here but it dosen't exist in the emoticon list....)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
speckles
14 Jun 2008, 02:01 PM
I'm having trouble with the quoting function. Like when quoting part of the message, then responding to that part, then quoting another section of the same message and responding to that part. With the old forum format, once you previewed your post, the quoted message and your resonse were in the same field (instead of 2 separate ones) With this new format, the quote and your response remain in separate fields. They can't be combined.
If I'm missing something here, plese tell me!
I think I can help you with that, I'm pretty familiar with the coding here.

To quote someone, without using the quote button, you type

[ QUOTE = Name ] quote goes here [ / QUOTE ]

Without the spaces of course :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
After playing around with the Theme Generator, I've given up as it's way too many options for me. So I hunted around for already made themes and came up with some that might look nice.

This is Autumnea: http://s2.zetaboards.com/ifskinzone/topic/648852/1/
A preview: http://s1.zetaboards.com/ZeusTZC/index/?setskin=13315
I'm afraid it looks a bit too 'cool blue' though, so I hunted around for some warmer colored ones.

Wiredvage: http://s2.zetaboards.com/ifskinzone/topic/648711/1/
Preview: http://s1.zetaboards.com/ZeusTZC/index/?setskin=13670
This would look even better if we replaced the black/dark grey with our old background. Sort of spiffying it up.

Enchanted Wood: http://s2.zetaboards.com/ifskinzone/topic/642314/1/#new
Preview: http://s1.zetaboards.com/woodtest/index/
I rather like this one.

I'm sure I could hunt up some more, but after lunch. :)

[edit] To make it more customized in a second, we could convert all the text to the old font and size. That would go a lot towards making it like the old one.
Edited by shadowyi, 14 Jun 2008, 06:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

I made one, but I think it needs some work. Here it is anyway. There are just so many fields that I don't really know what they are yet.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Turbo852, 14 Jun 2008, 06:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Ive been hypnotized

Aryah

To quote someone, without using the quote button, you type

[ QUOTE = Name ] quote goes here [ / QUOTE ]

Without the spaces of course :)

Thanks, Aryah! :D Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
speckles
15 Jun 2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks, Aryah! :D Posted Image
Hehe, no problem :thumbsup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Question, could we just load the old look back on? At least use it for an interim look so the converted layout doesn't blind our eyes..
Offline Profile Goto Top

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

shadowyi
15 Jun 2008, 03:17 AM
Question, could we just load the old look back on? At least use it for an interim look so the converted layout doesn't blind our eyes..
I hope so, I loved the old look. But if not, I will just have to bear with it until TON is pretty again! where's the ninja?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Oh wow, I'm not online for a few days due to MGS4.......and look what happens lol XD
Mhh will take some getting used to, but am looking forward to exploring all the new functions =)
I see we now have spoiler tags, that is superbly awesomesauce!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

shadowyi - I like Autumnea!

I couldn't get the generator to work right for me,
but made a few graphics and made a screenie of how they would look together.

Posted Image
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey guys!
Sorry that I wasn't online at all yesterday, I had problems with accessing the server.

Anyway, I'm really sorry if you don't like this layout BUT

InvisionFree will cancel every support for InvisionFree boards once the conversion is completed on every server.
InvisionFree is a very outdated forum system and the support was really bad.

Of course you hate this forum now, on the other hand: You just have to get used to it.
Zeta offers a lot more features and is way more comfortable to use.

And you should have looked at TON's 1st version, it looked even crappier than this. :XP:
Goto Top

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

its all cool Maul, and yes it does look a lot better than it did earlier, i can't wait for the finished product!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
We keep the TON faith! lol :)
I'm sure it'll be fab when it's done :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Yay Keep the faith guys...

TON was a result of a great amount of work and I'm afraid that ZB TON will need a lot of work again now! =D We'll beautify TON again for sure! =D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ocarikun18
Member Avatar
Secret Dream Hunter Extraordinaire
I'm gone for a few days and everything changed, I'm like :omg: I just got used to navigating the old TON, now I'm confused :?
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Moonsyne: Hmm, I'm not sure if I like the color combination of purple and dark grey.. only in the sense that they might be too depressing and overhanging. I keep aiming for warm colors of orange, yellow, and red to create that welcoming feeling. I love the banner you created though! We definitely need to use that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Yeah, I like tans and browns. The colors I chose with the generator were browns and tans, with some green and red.
I don't know if there is a way to show of preview of it though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kajalamorth
Member Avatar
That guy on the left
Hmm im learning how to make some skin's. When im done (and good) im gonna make one for TON if like. :TON:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
When more people make skins will they appear in the 'choose a theme' box' at the bottom?
I'm not good at stuff like this so hope there will be 'communal skins' (hehe!).
Anything's better than this blue and orange malarky...
*missing the little cartoon ocs*
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

No worries Ocarikun, all of us are in the process of learning! I'm confused myself.

Btw guys, Gaspoo told me that the CSS edit for Server 15 (our server) is faulty at the moment, so we can't change the themes... I'm sorry guys! =D

That's why I can't try out your theme, Turbo!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nonayourbeeswax
Member Avatar
Loves The Bagpipe

Um. So I'm on vacation for a week then when I come back everything changes. It's like the forum entered another dimension.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nonayourbeeswax
16 Jun 2008, 12:27 AM
It's like the forum entered another dimension.
Well stated lmao
Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Oh, that's too bad. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ