Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lee Tae Young Ocarinas; Availability to USA
Topic Started: 26 Jul 2018, 03:39 PM (334 Views)
Soren
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Does anyone know about Lee Tae Young Ocarinas?

I have seen information about these through videos by Jinook Kim "Odoc" and was wondering if these are available for order and shipping to USA.
Not knowing Korean seems to limit my ability to navigate the maker's website to find the information myself. I tried to contact Jinook Kim, but I do not know if he visits TON anymore to see my message.

Can anyone help me here?

Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks,
Soren
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Not knowing Korean either, I will suggest the obvious: maybe you should use Google translate to navigate the website:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fleetaeyoung.co.kr%2Fshop%2F&edit-text=&act=url

I found a contact e-mail address quite easily, maybe you should try to send a message, perhaps along with an automatic translation. This is what I did when I purchased my first ocarina... I was concerned that the automated translation would be gibberish or insulting, but it was enough to communicate.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any thing related to international shipping.
Edited by Ocypode, 27 Jul 2018, 05:15 AM.

Soren
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Thanks for the response, Ocypode.
I was using Google Translate to try to navigate the site, but there were some text areas that made little sense.

I do not know how I overlooked the email for Lee Tae at the bottom of the home screen. This would certainly be the best form of contact!

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
It is not surprising that some text area are unclear or completely meaningless... I have had numerous funny experiences with automatic translations!

Best of luck!

Soren
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I contacted Lee with a message translated to Korean. After back-translating the message multiple times, I am hopeful that my message makes sense to him.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I have one of his 13-hole AC Dragon ocarinas. It's nice to be able to hit that low G normally. It has a very high breath pressure. I don't play it very often, so I've never really gotten accustomed to it. But anyways, it's good you got his contact!

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Mark Chan
28 Jul 2018, 03:37 AM
I have one of his 13-hole AC Dragon ocarinas. It's nice to be able to hit that low G normally. It has a very high breath pressure. I don't play it very often, so I've never really gotten accustomed to it. But anyways, it's good you got his contact!
Did you have a photo of that ocarina Mark Chan? :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Here it is:
Lee Tae Young 13-Hole Dragon Ocarina

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
It's really beautiful!

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

I love that design!

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Mark Chan
28 Jul 2018, 11:56 PM
Here it is:
Lee Tae Young 13-Hole Dragon Ocarina
Wow!!!! I fell in love....
How much is one of this?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I received it as a gift, so I really don't know how much it costs.

Soren
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I got a response from Lee. He does ship to USA through a friend that has a bank account in the USA.

In his response he mentioned that an alto ocarina shipped to USA would cost about $150.
He is planning to get back to me with more details.

Soren
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
...and an order has been placed! Cost including shipping to USA is $150 for a 3C (C5 SPN or Alto C) with clear finish, not lacquer finish.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ