Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zetaboards takeover by Tapatalk
Topic Started: 23 Jul 2018, 10:28 AM (417 Views)
Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Hey all,

As you may have noticed over the last few years, Zetaboards hasn't been very active in maintaining the board, adding features, or fixing problems.
You may also notice it's one of the few sites on the Internet to still use unencrypted http for the website.

Unfortunately as is inevitable with a lot of businesses, Zetaboards isn't viable to continue providing the forum service, and the changes required to make these forums GDPR compliant has also been deemed too much work.

However, Zetaboards has been acquired by Tapatalk and the forum will be converted over to a Tapatalk forum shortly.

This will change the look of the site (but brings in SSL, mobile support, and apps if you so choose) and we're really not quite sure how many things will be available on the other side, however we expect themes to be broken completely.

There's also the possibility that we won't be able to have custom emotes, any custom CSS or JS on the board (which I'm sure would please Jack Campin haha).

There are some features from the Tapatalk Premium which will be grandfathered in for those on Zetaboards boards, but whether they're time-limited or not and precisely which features, we're just not sure.

We hope uploaded content will be transferred, but again we can't be sure. It'd be a real shame if lots of the content available here is broken after the move, but at this current time I can't find a way to even preview how the forum looks with Tapatalk, and the staff at Zetaboards seem insistent we can't have a data dump of the site.

For more info, please see: http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7021172/1/

We're not quite sure the full extent of the changes, but see you on the other side!

Thanks, and hopefully the transition won't be too painful! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Thanks for the update. Do you know the date when TON will be moved over?

Gemstone
Member Avatar
invisible ties
Thank you for the information. I'm curious about the change, though I haven't been here for a long time.
My question would be the same as Wollemi Pine's. I really hope the forum still looks good and works well afterwards!

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

Wollemi Pine
23 Jul 2018, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the update. Do you know the date when TON will be moved over?

Unfortunately not, I assumed it would've already happened based on when I initially found out a while ago but it seems to be being tested thoroughly on their end and they're gradually moving boards over.

Gemstone
23 Jul 2018, 03:56 PM
Thank you for the information. I'm curious about the change, though I haven't been here for a long time.
My question would be the same as Wollemi Pine's. I really hope the forum still looks good and works well afterwards!

Again, I'm not sure what control we will have over things on Tapatalk. We'll do what we can when it eventually transitions over. =)

-----

At least we'll be grandfathered into having a custom domain afaik.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
If the content of TON is saved, that might be a good news.

In the case the migration leads to dataloss, would an offline reader be able to save the most valuable parts of the website? I imagine it would be terribly inconvenient, but at least the info would still be somewhere.

reikokuna
Member Avatar
Black sheep among your daily lurkers
I was thinking, perhaps, some TON content deemed valuable can be archived on Archive.org? I've never tried archiving a site there, but I have accessed old/now unavailable content of some sites through that web service. Just a thought.

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

I received an email the other day saying that the conversion will happen in two weeks. :)

Gemstone
Member Avatar
invisible ties
Thanks for the info, I'm going to write that down so that I won't be surprised when it changes :)
I'm curious about what it will look like afterwards.
Edited by Gemstone, Yesterday, 9:21 AM.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
I hope that tapatalk is better at dealing with spammers than zeta boards.

wAllop1
Member Avatar
Professional novice
Do you happen to know if the conversion will maintain the exact same organization as the current Zetaboards version of TON?
I'm a little sad to hear about the change, if for no reason other than that I like the way the forum looks now & don't generally like the aesthetic of most Tapatalk forums.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ