Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Midlands Ocarina Group - Revisited
Topic Started: 2 May 2018, 09:22 PM (131 Views)
Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

Hi everyone, Thought I'd share an update (and history) on the Midlands Ocarina Group.

I created the group back in 2013, however it wasn't until November 2016 in which we had our first meet in Birmingham City Centre (with 4 people). It went really well and was a lot of fun. We spent our time listening to each other play the ocarina and sharing our experiences within the community. After this my life became quite eventful with me passing my driving test and getting a new job, so unfortunately the group died down.

Fast forward to now, we've recently had a new member join who has been passionate in getting the group running again, and we had our second meetup last Saturday (again with 4 people). It was very similar to our first meetup, and again was a lot of fun in listening to each other play, and hearing people's stories.

April 2016 Meetup

Folks from the meetup showed an interest in getting t-shirts, however I lost the original file of the logo I'd created for the group. I therefore redesigned our logo so we could get t-shirts, and to give a fresh look for the group. I like the new logo much better :)

Old Logo

New Logo

Things are looking up for the Midlands Ocarina and we have a meetup planned for next month. I shall keep everyone updated with how to group is going here. If you from the UK and are in the Midlands or surrounding areas and want to join us, there's a link to our FB group in my signature (our logo).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ocarina News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ