Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New ocarina; focalink 12SG-S
Topic Started: 8 Apr 2018, 04:36 PM (344 Views)
mandrew
Member Avatar
Devout seeker of perfection
I play a number of ocarinas from selected makers, All of which are wonderful, top notch in their own right. I play Rotters, Spencer, and Focalink. I found myself in need of a good Soprano G, which is one of my favorite ranges. I have long admired the stawfired line of Focalink. Many great players on Youtube play them, and they sound marvelous. I just receive mine from Zack a few days ago, I will do more in the review section with pics, but for now, these are some observations.

First, these are worth every penny of the asking price! Do not confuse these with the "Stawfired" ocarinas from Songbird Ocarinas. Songbird sells the Focalink "A" and "B" series, which he have been strawfired, along with the Japanese fingering system. They are not the Focalink "S" (strawfired) line done in Taiwan. This "S" series ocarina is just fabulous! The tone is full, sweet, and incredibly in tune from end to end. the breath slope is even, and very predictable from top to bottom. the top three notes play effortlessly, are not at all airy, and not shrill at all. they have the same full resonant sound of the lower end. I just can't put this down! Truly! It is the most perfect SG that I have ever played. the optimal word here is "sweet" sounding. Hi highly recommend these! Will do a more in depth review shortly . . .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

mandrew
8 Apr 2018, 04:36 PM
They are not the Focalink "S" (strawfired) line done in Taiwan.
All Focalink ocarinas are made in Jiaxing, China. Even Songbird's Harmony Triple. But yes, they are pretty nice ocarinas. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ