Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hind Sweet Potato Tenor
Topic Started: 26 Jan 2018, 12:40 PM (1,081 Views)
Montschok
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I've been playing around with my camera a bit, and this is the least crappy ocarina picture I've taken so far :)

I recently noticed that it's actually the same one as in his sample pictures.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: Hind_Tenor_Sweet_Potato_1200.jpg (181.24 KB)
Edited by Montschok, 26 Jan 2018, 12:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Very pretty! How do you like the sound/style?

Ocarina Newbie!
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
They are very attractive ocarinas. If I buy purely for beauty and unique sound, one of these may be it. A lot of hours to make that, and pay for that :)

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Exactly. I really enjoy the way it looks but the price is a deterrent right now.

Shinobinlove
Member Avatar
Music Ninja
I have two Hinds, a tenor F and a double. They are priceless, beautiful, and sound amazing. I love the mellow sound and the low breath requirements.

Montschok
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Whynaut
26 Jan 2018, 04:12 PM
Very pretty! How do you like the sound/style?
Hmm... this wasn't intended to be a review, but ok...

I like it. The sound is not as "pure" as most clay ocarinas, it's more textured. The closest clay ocarina in terms of sound is probably the Gosselink (as least out of the ones I've heard sound samples from).

Unfortunately I seem to have a problem with my ears being a bit too sensitive to the loudness of ocarinas, so I can only play it for short periods, which makes me play it (and any other ocarina) very unfrequently.

Ocarina Newbie!
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
the earplugs dont help your ears to where you can play?

Montschok
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Ocarina Newbie!
28 Jan 2018, 08:38 AM
Yes and no...

Standard earplugs destroy the sound too much, and music earplugs are too uncomfortable (at least the ones I've tried so far).

Ocarina Newbie!
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
Montschok
28 Jan 2018, 02:06 PM
Ocarina Newbie!
28 Jan 2018, 08:38 AM
Yes and no...

Standard earplugs destroy the sound too much, and music earplugs are too uncomfortable (at least the ones I've tried so far).
interesting. I have been considering getting custom-fitted earplugs. But the cost is around a triple chamber Pacchioni! Of course it would be worth it if it saves my ears, just not sure yet. Would custom be better than normal touted as 'professional' earplugs on market?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ