Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Questions and Ideas from a wannabe Oc Maker; Looking for help from more experienced makers
Topic Started: 2 Dec 2017, 04:25 AM (656 Views)
Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Have you read the book on making Ocarinas?

https://ocarinamaking.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Robert Hickman was very active here on TON for a long time, you might be able to get some information from his old posts on here if you take the time to search for them.

Sorry I didn't see the previous post asking that same question.
Edited by Harp Player, 5 Dec 2017, 09:26 PM.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Most of the regular posters on here are glad to help a new maker that is serious about wanting to make a good quality instrument. The Ocarina community is small and people that are willing to make the instrument more mainstream are always very welcome.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
I have carpal tunnel syndrome because of my many years of hard work, so I have to play inline Ocarinas. For that reason I don't have a lot of experience with the various makers products. All I own is Mountain Ocarinas, and One of Robert Hickman's Pure Ocarinas. I love the sound and feel of the Pure Ocarina but I can only play it for a few minutes without my hands going numb.
Edited by Harp Player, 5 Dec 2017, 11:40 PM.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
The inline oarinas are generally made from hard materials such as wood, metal or Injection molded plastic. I love the sound of it, but some don't like the different texture that you get from the Mountain Ocarina.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Doing research is always a good thing when you are starting a new project. You should realize that you will most likely end up tossing many of your early Ocarinas in the trash because you will have a big learning curve. Don't get frustrated and give up because of a few failures.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ocarina Making · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ