Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's this ocarina?
Topic Started: 15 Nov 2017, 02:22 AM (336 Views)
bigray
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Just stumbled upon this here in Australia. Wondering if is home made or Chinese factory made? It's ceramic, not wood
Attached to this post:
Attachments: image.jpeg (176.85 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

windsofskye
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
wow, I really thought it was wood when I saw it.

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
I'm pretty sure it's an earlier Plaschke model, so mass produced, but not from China.

bigray
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
TheZ
15 Nov 2017, 02:41 AM
I'm pretty sure it's an earlier Plaschke model, so mass produced, but not from China.
thanks for that. i googled the name and this came up...

http://www.markstein.de/Plaschke-Ocarina-Premium-10-Loch-C-Terracotta-Konzert-Okarina

lol i had to confirm that it wasnt wood as well
Edited by bigray, 15 Nov 2017, 06:26 AM.

D_D_L
Beginner
This site is really confusing. I have no idea where to post my question lol. I was given an ocarina a few years ago for Christmas and have never been able to find out how to play it. I've searched for a while about it and STILL cannot find out anything. Can someone help me?

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
A major problem with this site is that new members aren't allowed to make topics until making five posts first, but there so far hasn't been a way to adequately inform new members of it. The site had a significant problem with spam a few years ago.

If you're interested in learning how to play the ocarina, there are a number of videos on Youtube (especially David Ramos, aka Docjazz4, or... probably Cris Gale? There are people) that can teach you about playing the ocarina.

There are also a number of method books for sale online, as well as information here if you go through the sections of the forum and find the appropriate topic.

Otherwise, to get started playing the ocarina I would recommend looking up a fingering chart online (assuming your ocarina did not come with one) which corresponds to the type of ocarina you have (if it's got between 4 and 6 holes it's a pendant, if it's vaguely pistol-shaped it's a transverse, anything else should still follow the transverse pattern). So... find a fingering chart, learn what fingerings correspond to what notes and then try playing simple songs and moving forward from there. All of these resources should be very easy to find online.

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

I've also seen these called Schwarz ocarinas. Not sure what the proper name is for these, as they seem to be renamed among multiple sellers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ