Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feedback for my webapp
Topic Started: 4 Oct 2017, 08:38 PM (200 Views)
raphael
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
Hi guys

I'm creating a webapp, mainly for myself (like everything I have on this website).

I wanted to ask, if you guys would recommend such an application, or if it's useless in you opinion.

And what would you add as feature? The design is already fixed, but not yet online. But do you think something like that would benefit newcomers that want to practice the scale?

Or do you have other ideas, completely different from mine, that you would make an application for? :)

No matter what your feedback is, I would love to hear it. :D

>>Link to page<<

EDIT: The features aren't final too. This is basically a prototype. Not sure what I will add though.

Greetings
Raphael
Edited by raphael, 4 Oct 2017, 08:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist
Hi,

Your slider should work without a restart and imo there should not be the same notes after each other.
But generally that is nice. Can you record the incoming and make a correct/error counter?

raphael
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
Dirk Ocarina
5 Oct 2017, 10:07 PM
Hi,

Your slider should work without a restart and imo there should not be the same notes after each other.
But generally that is nice. Can you record the incoming and make a correct/error counter?
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess this would be possible, but would take extremely much time to do. I don't even know an app that is able to do this on android, I think three would be a market for that. APTuner sadly only exists for the apple appstore.

I know what you mean with the slider. It does work, if you drag the point and let it go while the mouse is still on it. If the mouse is far away, it somehow doesn't. Definitely somehow I need to look into.

The notes shouldn't repeat 2 times after each other. I recently fixed that. But according to your posts that, that should already work, maybe I need to take a second look.

Do you think, an application like this makes sense at all? Will anyone learn notes like that, or is this uncommon? I thought it could make one fit in getting faster at playing those after each other, although the sound you make will sound terrible. :D

Greetings
Raphael

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I think the user Grimat on here made a similar app but it was matching tabs to notes. The slider needs some work, but it's a neat idea.

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist
i will use this in a similiar fashion in my electronic midi ocarina :)

i called it "perfect ear training" and i only hear random notes and have to repeat them with the electronic midi ocarina

raphael
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
I updated it:

- New feature: Sharps can now be ignored, to make it more accessible for new ocarina players (like me :) )
- There was indeed a bug that made it possible to see the same note twice. Fixed now.
- The range bar is now fixed.
- I redesigned the controls a bit.
- Fixed minor bugs.

Greetings and thank you all
Raphael

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ