Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ocarina Soundfont?; Looking for a better sound
Topic Started: 28 Sep 2017, 01:32 PM (382 Views)
Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I'm arranging some music in Musescore, and I noticed that the bass ocarina sound that they use doesn't sound very good on low notes. Are there any better soundfonts out there, or is there some tweak that can make the bass sound better?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist x 2
I only know the peruvian ocarina soundfont out there. I use them for my midi electronic ocarina version.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
You could ask Elven Spellmaker about ocarina soundfonts. I know he was using one a couple of years ago. He did an impressive recording of Bach's Tocata and Fugue in D minor usiing his font. You'd never be able to actually play it on a real ocarina because the note range exceeds that of a quad and some of the lengthy notes would tax the lung capacity of an experienced free diver. :)

Comrade_Derpsky
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
For Tocata and Fugue you'd need an ocarina organ.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Comrade_Derpsky
4 Dec 2017, 10:50 PM
For Tocata and Fugue you'd need an ocarina organ.
Funny you mention that because my grandpa plays the organ at his church and ever since I showed him my ocarinas, he's been using an ocarina setting more often. I have an ocarina sound on one of those Casio keyboards, but it doesn't sound that great either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ