Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Horrible pain!; I can't play my newest ocarinas for long.
Topic Started: 13 Sep 2017, 12:41 PM (252 Views)
Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
As you know, I received my Luna Celta ocarinas yesterday. My hands cannot stand playing them for too long, my fingers - especially the thumbs and pinkies - feel like they're going to cramp soon, same for my hands around the thumbs' area.

I thought I simply wasn't used to them yet, maybe clutching the ocarinas too tightly but it seems like my hands are having a really hard time, I don't remember it being like that when I last received an ocarina.

Have you ever experienced anything similar?
Edited by Erulissė, 13 Sep 2017, 12:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
If I don't play often, sometimes that happens with my Focalink ocarina. Different ocarinas are shaped differently and that can make different sized hands feel less comfortable.

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
It usually pass to me to my right pinkie I think it happens when someobe is not used to practise a lot.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
I could be wrong, but it sounds like it might be an ergonomics problem. Everyone's hands are different shapes and sizes, and every ocarina maker makes their ocarinas differently, so these particular ocarinas might not be quite right for your hands. I have this problem with my Focalink DAC, my left pinky cramps and the joints get sore when I play it because the hole isn't in the right spot for my hands. The ocarina is also kind of heavy, and I have carpal tunnel, so my palms start to cramp and my wrists start to hurt when I play it for too long. Unfortunately I'm a little broke at the moment, so I just keep playing it anyway rather than investing in a good single AC like I would prefer to :shrug:

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
Oh dear, I waited for them for so long, I was so excited but now I feel a bit disappointed.
Edited by Erulissė, 14 Sep 2017, 09:20 PM.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
I play inline Ocarinas because the Transverse ocarinas are hard on my wrists. Not many people make the inline Ocarinas but the brand I have works well for me, too bad they are not available right now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter • Facebook | Read the FAQ