Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Noble multi-chambers
Topic Started: 9 Sep 2017, 04:33 AM (197 Views)
mandrew
Member Avatar
Devout seeker of perfection
When Noble first started making multi-chambered ocarinas, they did not get overwhelming reviews on TON. Now that a bit of time has passed, does anyone know if they have improved on their original design, or how they sound today?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Yes, they are very good now. The new triples were improved in 2015 and are very nice. Good chamber balance and nice weight too. They have the Osawa style fingering. Here's a video from two years ago:
Spoiler: click to toggle

bigray
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Oh man, don't add another ocarina to my list... Tell me something bad about it so I don't buy it! Lol

On a side note... that NWO tshirt is bringing back memories. Haven't seen them since I was a kid! Nash was a beast. My favourite was sting though. I still remember having those figurines and the wrestling ring

mandrew
Member Avatar
Thanks Mark, I always appreciate your insight! How do they compare to Focalinks?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I only have the Forte to compare to, but I think Forte is louder and also has a cleaner tone. But it's much heavier than the Noble. I still enjoy the Noble triple though. If I didn't already buy the Stein Triple Exclusive from Hans, I would have bought the Noble Triple.

mandrew
Member Avatar
That makes sense. The Nobles tend to have a bit more chiff, or breathines than the Focalinks, and I enjoy both on occasion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ