Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Luna Celta & shipping
Topic Started: 30 Jul 2017, 10:21 PM (523 Views)
Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how long Luna Celta usually takes to ship out their ocarinas, I ordered mine a week ago and still haven't received a tracking number.
Also, when the ocarinas have been shipped, how long do they usually take to arrive to Europe?

Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Erulissė
30 Jul 2017, 10:21 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how long Luna Celta usually takes to ship out their ocarinas, I ordered mine a week ago and still haven't received a tracking number.
Also, when the ocarinas have been shipped, how long do they usually take to arrive to Europe?

Thanks!
I think they where from Mexico? Is so... Maybe 3-5 weeks.
But the way can you notice us how they are when you receive it? We like to know more about them, thanks!!

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
Yeah, they are Mexican. I'll see what I can do when they finally come! For now, all I can say is that I ordered an alto C, a soprano C and a double alto C.

windsofskye
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
Anybody know what they're ocarina are like? Artistic standpoint they look quiet beautiful, not sure about sound and etc.

Breakfast Oreos
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 4
Mine took about a month to arrive, shipping to the US. I think it took a few days to register the tracking number. If you message them on facebook and ask for a tracking number they are very responsive. Every time I have messaged them they responded quickly. Their customer service has been excellent; the first ocarina they sent me was faulty but as soon as I sent a short video showing the problem they shipped me a free replacement right away. I still consider myself an ocarina beginner, so I'm not sure I feel qualified to give any kind of review!

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
Breakfast Oreos is right about the responsiveness, the owner responds almost immediately and always in a friendly way.

I've seen people playing their ocarinas and they seemed really good quality-wise. Kissing have a few videos where he plays Luna Celta ocarinas - here he even writes about his experience with the ocarinas in the description - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y4-H1TSqLs

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are even some sound samples from the owner/maker himself, you can try listening to those as well.
Edited by Erulissė, 31 Jul 2017, 12:58 PM.

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
I am back with info about the ocs! I have finally received them today, opened the package as quickly as I could and I was quite impressed, they really are beautiful. What scares me though is the size of some of the holes! The position of the holes is slightly odd for me, I've noticed that sometimes my fingers feel a bit too clutched together on the soprano and sometimes a bit uncomfortable in general on the other ocarinas - I would definitely move the right thumb hole a bit to the left on the alto for example. But I believe it's just a matter of practice, my fingers will hopefully get used to it.

So here comes the "Triple Combo C"!
1. Soprano C
The soprano C is a very small ocarina, somewhat airy on the high notes. Comes with a string to hang it on your neck (or on the wall).
A typical 12-hole, with rather narrow dents where the subholes are - even my small fingers have a hard time getting there sometimes.

2. Alto C
The alto C has a nice sound even without the acute bend, also comes with a string and exquisite design but the huge hole for the left thumb is rather scary, it takes a lot of effort to fully cover. A similar issue comes with the hole for the left pinky. There are no dents for the subholes, making the one for the right middle fingers quite hard to reach - the ocarina is quite round so I need to stick the finger out and bend it.

3. Double Alto C
My one and only double! The design is slightly different from the previous two ocarinas, introducing more colours to the mix and more holes, of course.
I have noticed that it is tuned slightly lower than its single chambered friend, the holes are slightly smaller - and more comfortable for my poor fingers.
I'd say it's my favourite of these three, with one exception, I just can't get it to sound right when I play the low B followed by D, it's simply sounds like C and D. I believe I am to blame for that nonetheless.

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Erulissė
12 Sep 2017, 06:12 PM
I am back with info about the ocs! I have finally received them today, opened the package as quickly as I could and I was quite impressed, they really are beautiful. What scares me though is the size of some of the holes! The position of the holes is slightly odd for me, I've noticed that sometimes my fingers feel a bit too clutched together on the soprano and sometimes a bit uncomfortable in general on the other ocarinas - I would definitely move the right thumb hole a bit to the left on the alto for example. But I believe it's just a matter of practice, my fingers will hopefully get used to it.

So here comes the "Triple Combo C"!
1. Soprano C
The soprano C is a very small ocarina, somewhat airy on the high notes. Comes with a string to hang it on your neck (or on the wall).
A typical 12-hole, with rather narrow dents where the subholes are - even my small fingers have a hard time getting there sometimes.

2. Alto C
The alto C has a nice sound even without the acute bend, also comes with a string and exquisite design but the huge hole for the left thumb is rather scary, it takes a lot of effort to fully cover. A similar issue comes with the hole for the left pinky. There are no dents for the subholes, making the one for the right middle fingers quite hard to reach - the ocarina is quite round so I need to stick the finger out and bend it.

3. Double Alto C
My one and only double! The design is slightly different from the previous two ocarinas, introducing more colours to the mix and more holes, of course.
I have noticed that it is tuned slightly lower than its single chambered friend, the holes are slightly smaller - and more comfortable for my poor fingers.
I'd say it's my favourite of these three, with one exception, I just can't get it to sound right when I play the low B followed by D, it's simply sounds like C and D. I believe I am to blame for that nonetheless.
Thanks so much for the info!!! Hope you can post sone photos of your new ocarinas? :)

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
It was already kind of dark last night to take any, they were all kind of blurred. I'll make some today and hopefully figure out how to post them here.

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
I had a rough day yesterday, but here I am with the pics now!

The ocarinas came in a small box, half-full of foam, the ocarinas themselves were packed in bubble wrap and little sealed plastic bags.
Excuse the horrible pic, I took it in a hurry when I was opening the package.
Spoiler: click to toggle

The rest of them should be better C:

Front:

Back:

Signatures:

Soprano:

Windway:

Imperfections:

Alto:

Windway:

Left thumbhole:

Double:

Windway:

Edited by Erulissė, 14 Sep 2017, 12:38 PM.

Mystic_Ocarina
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I can' see any photo :(
It says to me "posted image" and I cant click on it.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Mystic_Ocarina
21 Sep 2017, 07:42 PM
I can' see any photo :(
It says to me "posted image" and I cant click on it.
Me too. :(

Erulissė
Inline Ocarinist
Hey, I just came back from a rather old uni-related break and you're right, the pictures are no longer available. I'll fix them right away.

EDIT: I ended up uploading all the photos to imgur instead, you can view them here.
Edited by Erulissė, 26 Dec 2017, 02:17 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter • Facebook | Read the FAQ