Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Triple Ocarina; Inquery in triple ocarina Clacol
Topic Started: 15 Jul 2017, 09:44 PM (123 Views)
windsofskye
Beginner
Hello, I been looking into buying a double or triple ocarina. I have been playing the ocarina as a hobby for a little over a half a year. I started with a Night by Noble as I found it convenient and didn't want to worry about dropping and breaking it. I looked into multiple multi chamber ocarina and none really call out for me.

However, I am curious of the ClaCol Ocarinas. I was wondering how they stand up to the current market of multi chamber ocarinas.
http://www.clacol.it/clacolmulti12.php is what I been looking at and considering into buying. The fingering from going from a single chamber ocarina to a triple chamber will take a lot of practice to get use to but I think it'll be okay.

I also wanted to see if you all can give me insight in the volume of this instrument compared to the Night by Noble if it is louder or quieter in comparison.

Thank you in advance if you all can help.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Hey, I happen to have a Clacol TAC and may be of some assistance.

Generally speaking, they're good. As far as multi-chamber ocarinas go, they're very, very solid. Good chamber balance, comfortable shape and weight, appealing and clear tone, comfortable breath requirement. They also have a good range, they don't overlap as much as some multi-chamber ocarinas do. You do get some buildup over time on the mouthpiece from putting your lips around it, and this is due to the surface of the ocarina, but this is really a non-issue, you can just wipe it off.

I would say that there are really no major issues. I would perhaps call a Clacol multi-chamber a rather generic instrument; it's not bad by any means, but it's not absolutely excellent. So to compare a Clacol to other multi-chambers would be to say... it is better than a good number of them. At least the same quality as an ICO, but I'd say it's better. Not by a huge margin, but still a significant one. A lot of people say that the two best multi-chambers are Takashi and Pacchioni (I can say from my experience that the latter is a very fine ocarina, but I have never had the opportunity to try a Takashi ocarina; I'd definitely believe they're good, though). A lot of professionals also use multi-chambers by Focalink. (Obviously Maparam and Ikarus multi-chambers are both respected too, but it's really not feasible to try to go around getting one). But a lot of this is really getting into minor stuff. I think it would be safe to say that a Clacol would probably not be the best multi-chamber on the market, but is definitely a very solid instrument. You COULD do a bit better if you care a lot about top-tier performance capabilities, but you really can't go wrong with this one as is. In short, it's good. It's a good choice.

Can't say much about how it compares to Night by Noble, I've never owned or played one. It has a very average volume, if that helps. That's how I feel about it, anyway. A lot of traditional Italian ocarinas I've played (Budrio style - Menaglio, Cesari, Mignani) are very loud and require a bunch of breath. A lot of plastic ocarinas usually feel quiet, like the Osawa i. Dinda ocarinas feel a bit quiet/mellower as well, but closer to average. I don't know. It's a very moderate, unoffensive volume, in my opinion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ