Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is this thing?
Topic Started: 4 Jul 2017, 04:58 AM (200 Views)
dragon18456
Beginner
I had this ocarina for a very long time and I just want to know what it is. as in what type of ocarina is it

http://imgur.com/a/xYPk2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
I don't recognize the ocarina, but in the second photo it looks like there might be a maker's stamp along the bottom, next to a big C stamp. A photo of that might help people to identify your ocarina better :)

Tentenguy
Member Avatar
That guy

After a bit of digging around, I can confirm that it is most likely an ocarina by 是誠陶笛 or "Honest/Sincere Ocarinas"
From their Facebook Page

And here's the facebook page for reference: Click!
Good luck figuring out how to play it though, I've tried one and it's got a really complicated fingering system.

dragon18456
Beginner
I tested it, it is the hardest thing that I have ever played in my life. The second extra hole on the back is a tuning hole that you use to go up a half step or a full step or even a one and a half step depending on how much you close the hole. This thing has a stupid amount of alternate fingerings for every note and any note that sounds flat can be tuned by the right thumb, making it really complex to play. However, i think you could make some interesting runs with this kind of instrument.

Erulissë
Grace
Oh dear, it sure does look confusing but it's a beautiful ocarina, hope the sound is at least worth all the effort

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ