Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Invisionfree or Zetaboard?
Invisionfree 6 (35.3%)
Zetaboard 11 (64.7%)
Total Votes: 17
Attentazione: Invisionfree or Zetaboards?
Topic Started: 3 Jun 2008, 08:38 AM (5,020 Views)
stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Hey guys,

Well, we decided to change to Zetaboards a long time ago. My old forum in server 6 of Invisionfree had been converted. Click here to see.

Username: tomato
Password: mozart

So, check it out and let me know if you guys like it or not. Please remember that that forum isn't changed at all (coz no one uses it anymore). The design and stuff is crappy and all, so yeah, don't compare design, but compare the functions and all.

The functions of Zetaboards are way better than Invisionfree, but to be honest, I think the stuff is too big. It looks less friendly in a way. So I thought, you guys should decide. I asked some admins, and some of them don't like it (well in fact, most).

Some of the features are listed here. Check that link out, but what looks awesome is that you can now add flash BBCode as well as Spoiler Code, unlike the sad Invisionfree. And quite a few other more! So it looks very juicy... XD

So just vote! =D

stevo
Offline Profile Goto Top

andrewasmith1
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
if you are talking about changing this forum to that, i mean i own a website which has the capability of phpnuke or php boards and chat and such. now um if you want me to host forums then just say the word, or i can host a chat system or whatever.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Oops, me dumb, clicked on wrong thing. Change that vote from Invisionfree to Zetaboards please. I didn't see a huge difference in function, so why create a lot of work for everyone and switch over?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
I really don't know.

I couldn't see that much of a difference, but I'm just your average user and not too into all this stuff. Though a spoiler tag could be useful, I haven't seen that many situations on the forum which calls for one.

So I'll just tag along Shadows remark, why should we even bother?

Mind you, my allergy is kicking in. That means I don't know what I'm saying. :sleepy:
Offline Profile Goto Top

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
There is one "feature" I hate about this forum - The "new post" light doesn't turn off when you have visited the thread. That's majorly annoying. If there is a way to change that behaviour somehow I am happy with this forum software, but if it can't be then some other forum software please.

And of course if you can get the backup of this forum's database you could switch the forum software (and provider) to something else. SMF is atleast a good forum which I like. It has good set of features (and I think it's possible to add modifications) and it's still being developed actively, and in general it simply Works (tm). I think I red that the support for InvisionFree (the forum software) will be discontinued once they get the Zetaboard up and running, but I could be wrong about that. One of the features I like in SMF a lot is that when you press the button next to each forum (forum = "Official News and Announcements", "New Members", etc) you get a list of threads of that forum that has new posts - it's very handy. For example if there is alot of stickies in one forum, they won't appear in the list unless there's new posts in them - makes it that much more easier to find the threads that have new posts as they aren't pointlessly pushed down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aryah
Member Avatar
bard ♫♪
Eh, doesn't look like there's that much of a difference. I like it the way it is now. :thumbsup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Those links appear to be broken. I'll have to wait on voting until they work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nonayourbeeswax
Member Avatar
Loves The Bagpipe

I think that Zetabords looks better and the Flash BBCode sounds cool (Now we can put up youtube videos.) I have one question and it quite small. Can you change the skin? The default one the have on there is quite unattractive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well I'd really welcome a conversion to Zeta.
That's the first thing I wanted since we went public.

And sure Nona, we can change the layout of it just as we changed the layout of this one!
Goto Top

Nonayourbeeswax
Member Avatar
Loves The Bagpipe

YAY. :VOTES FOR ZETA:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rombrent
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I hate that I had to change my entire browser just to visit this one website.

Get a [CENSORED]ing firefox compatible browser.
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Well, we don't move... They convert it automatically for us. At this moment, we have opted for the forum to be converted because that was what we were planniyng to do in the beginning (before we got all these cool stuff). We are not, however, going to change address or something.

Changing to ZB is easy and quick and painless. But moving to an entirely different forum I think, despite the fact that it might be easy too, is a too cumbersome action, so yeah.

Zetaboards should be better though, although it looks big XD

And Rombrent, what do you mean by that? I use Firefox all the time and found no problem at all. Are you using firefox?

Alright then, it seems like people wants to move to ZB, we'll let the conversion happens when it happens. I will keep updating here.

Right now, they are doing a conversion in server 11, if I'm not mistaken.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rombrent
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Invisionfree boards have never worked on my Firefox.

I have talked about this with kissing and that one guy whos name is too german for me to say, and they said they couldn't help me with it.

I am using the most recent firefox, and I had to switch to "Flock" which is a ripoff of Firefox with a few extra addons.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turbo852
Member Avatar

I think either one would be fine. I would like the Zetaboard if we can skin it to look like this one. Otherwise, this one is fine. However, I do like the idea of new features.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nonayourbeeswax
Member Avatar
Loves The Bagpipe

This is so exiting. :fly:
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Exiting? You mean exciting? =P

Rombrent, I really am confused, coz I use firefox... and it works alright.. see the pic attached
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rombrent
Jun 3 2008, 11:32 PM
I have talked about this with kissing and that one guy whos name is too german for me to say...

lmao

Oh yeah >,>
I'm so sorry that my connection to you got cut off by the way. :3

Well that's really weird... one reason could be the cookies but we checked that already...
Maybe your internet provider?

Oh well, Zetaboards should work better...

And yeah Steve, they are currently converting Server z11.
I can't wait till they convert our server. >,>
Goto Top

Nonayourbeeswax
Member Avatar
Loves The Bagpipe

Which sever are we in?
Offline Profile Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

it's server 15 I think xD

our address is

http://s15.invisionfree.com/theocarinanetwork

If im not mistaken
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yup it is!

I really hope they'll convert server 15 soon. D':
Goto Top

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

Fast Fast Fast! We want to quickly restore TON after it's being converted XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mevv
Member Avatar
wants to knit an ocarina
agree, they are similiar but zeta boards has a few new features that make it easier and user friendly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's converted so

-> EoT

=P
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Poll Only

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ