Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Giorgio Pacchioni Ocarinas; from Italy
Topic Started: 20 May 2008, 07:28 PM (42,331 Views)
kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

UPDATE

Good News folks! Mr Pacchioni indeed replies, and still makes and sells ocarinas!

His newest homepage appears to be: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/

Quote:

Dear Samuel,
Although the distance we live, it is not complicated at all to buy my ocarinas.
If you wish a double one, its price in euro is 103,95 plus shipping expenses, that can be from 19 EUR to a maximum of 46 EUR (depending of the weight of ocarinas you order).

Payment can be done through Paypal or through a deposit to my banking account.
If you use Paypal you can do it by addressing at my email: g.pacchioni@gmail.com
If you prefer to make a deposit to my banking account, let me know it and I will send you the data.

Delivery time would approximately be of 10 working days.
If you wish to consult ocarinas price, please go to the page below and you will find all information about it.
http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarina/formoche.html

Best regards,
Giorgio

Here is the price list that he links to:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Now who is good at Italian -_- ?

Giorgio Pacchioni is a Recorder & Ocarina Player, Composer , Ocarina Maker, Music Teacher, & Pupeteer :o :TON:

He has composed some beautiful music for the Ocarina, such as "Virtonian" Polka de concert (for Ocarina and Piano). I think a lot of songs that the Ocarina Classica trio play in their repertoire are pieces composed by Giorgio Pacchioni.

Here is his website about ocarinas:
http://web.tiscali.it/contra/index.html

Posted Image
Quote:

I am pleased to offer you my handicraft (handmade) terracotta Ocarinas, endowed with a highly professional quality.
These are copies of historical instruments made by the best ocarina makers from Budrio's School as: Donati, Mezzetti, Vicinelli.
They are copies of instruments of the best makers of the Budrio' school of ocarinas builders: Donati, Mezzetti, Vicinelli.
The strong points of my production, which has been, by now, adopted by all the Ocarina players in Italy an d abroad, may be listed in the following way:

Intonation : Stable and at 20 cent. under 440 hz. (which is necessary to make the Ocarina play perpetually as tuning instrument when it is warm and not cold).
Timbre : Round, mellow and very clear.
Tuning of its holes: Careful.
Fingering : Classical (as during the 19th Century) and with double holes in the first opening (C-C#).
Shape : Classical, as in Budrio's tradition (near Bologna) in the 19th Century, with a dome in the left corner.
Range : 13 notes in chromatic scale (for the first two sizes), 11 notes in chromatic scale (for larger sizes).
Production : All the classical models, models of my own reconstruction, models of my own invention, experimental models.
Models upon request: With no price increase, Ocarinas with any basic tuning (D flat, F#, and so on) are manufactured

Here is his Youtube channel, where he shows how he makes his ocarinas, along with some of his music:
http://www.youtube.com/giorgiopacchioni

Osawa Satoshi seems to have a couple of Pacchioni ocarinas in his collection. The Double ocarina and the mini Soprano ocarina used here both seem to be Pacchioni:

Download high quality
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Those Ocarinas are *amazing*! I realy enjoying watching Osawa preform, and I don't know why other than the fact the he is an AMAZING Ocarinaist

Mikael
Member Avatar

Does he not sell ocarinas? I find no place to purchase one.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I wonder if his email address works:

gpacchioni@iol.it

Otherwise message his Youtube account? :D

I've sent him the message:

Quote:

Dear Mr. Pacchioni,

I am a student who has played the ocarina for a short time. I have listened to your ocarinas, and I really love the sound it has. I am especially interested in your Double ocarina (I watched it in a performance of Funculi funicula by Osawa Satoshi).

My friends and I were wondering how we could receive your ocarinas.

Best Regards,

Samuel Lee

I hope he replies :)

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

I hope so too! that wasn't an alto C double that Osawa used is it? It looked smaller than a normal double.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

OcarinaMan333
May 23 2008, 07:06 PM
I hope so too! that wasn't an alto C double that Osawa used is it? It looked smaller than a normal double.

Yes, it is a Double AC.
Double AC ocarinas are actually not that big. The one in the video is pretty normal sized IMO :)

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Ok so they are like Alto Ocarinas, I expected them to be HUGE! and when I got mine I was rather shocked at the size, Lol

leArAnonA
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
The shape seems quite unnatural for an ocarina almost. The main part of the body is looks perfectly round down the length of the body, like a top or something. The really tiny looks cute though, but it would take some really small delicate hands to play.

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

They look pretty cool to me :) I like the flower in the biggest one :P

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

leArAnonA
24 Jun 2008, 06:51 AM
The shape seems quite unnatural for an ocarina almost. The main part of the body is looks perfectly round down the length of the body, like a top or something.
The interesting thing is, this is one of the oldest kinds of ocarinas designs. It is ironic to call them "unnatural" because the original, historic ocarinas of Italy are shaped like that :chew: :fly:

bricklayer
Member Avatar
Beginner
Hello ocarinists out there,

I may be late with my comment, but I joined TON only yesterday …

kissing

His newest homepage appears to be: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/.
You are right; but it is mainly Giorgio’s composer page about counterpoint an fugue, so if you wish to get informations about ocarinas you have to scroll down to "Ocarina… che passione … " I prefer to go directly to Ocarina.

Switzerland being a northern neighbour of Italy and Italian being one of our four official languages helps me understand the items of the price list. To help you I suggest the following: have a look at selfexplaining Fischietti
for the upmost part (shaded in white/grey) referring to “fischietti zoomorfi” (animal shaped whistles) and at Fotocarine for what is left.

Quote:

He has composed some beautiful music for the Ocarina, …
You are absolutely right …
Quote:

I do not agree. Giorgio made it accessible but did not compose it himself. Have a look at Biblioteca , scroll down to the bottom of the page, there you will find many pieces played by the Ocarina Classica Trio (the well known Paolo Gavelli, Maura Alliata an Alessandro De Bei) as well as others worth downloading. You have to register first, but it is gratis.

Thank you for reading and have a great time! :) :[] :playoc:

Mikael
Member Avatar

:[] Thank you, bricklayer.

That's a great help. I've been so confused due to the lack of english on his site.

Krešimir Cindrić

Here is a picture of the double Sol 4a:
Posted Image

And a sound sample recently uploaded to Mr. Pacchioni's website: Sound sample

I'll make a short review when it arrives - I don't have a microphone yet so I cannot record sound samples.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 2.jpg (97.89 KB)
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 5 Jul 2009, 10:27 AM.

Hammond
Member Avatar
Lieks Mudkipz
I love these ocarinas, they have such a unique looking design. I will definitely buy some of these when I get the money.

Krešimir Cindrić

My double ocarina arrived today. It's... beautiful... :eager:

Spoiler: click to toggle

It is tuned in a key of G (a fourth below alto C) with the range from F#4 to G6, which can be increased a bit more with the fipple bend and I'm not sure about overblowing the second chamber. I've had it for only few hours.

It has the most beautiful sound you can imagine and requires very gentle breath (at least for an Ocarina di Budrio). When I first played it I was blowing way too hard (like I would blow into my Menaglio's ocarinas) and it sounded very airy and out of tune, but I soon realised I have to blow gently (almost like on the recorder) and the sound became beautifully clean... It's not as loud as Menaglio's ocarinas (but still quite loud), but it is just as expressive.

It is my most precious possession, right now.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Pacchioni_doppia.jpg (87.96 KB)
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 20 Jul 2009, 02:47 PM.

Panch
Member Avatar
The Whistlemaker

My, that looks absolutely fantastic, kcindric! A work of art! How much did that set you back? I'd really love to own one someday. o.o

Krešimir Cindrić

As a matter of fact, they are not at all so expensive. I've paid my 148 euros (without shipping). I think this is a very reasonable price for such a great ocarina. It is definitely worth more than money to me. Focalink double alto G ocarina costs $250 (that's around 176 euros).

I'll make a more detailed review as I gain a little more experience with it.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 20 Jul 2009, 11:10 PM.

Roger
Member Avatar
(O_O)
kcindric
20 Jul 2009, 09:56 PM
As a matter of fact, they are not at all so expensive. I've paid my 148 euros (without shipping). I think this is a very reasonable price for such a great ocarina. It is definitely worth more than money to me. Focalink double alto G ocarina costs $250 (that's around 176 euros).

I'll make a more detailed review as I gain a little more experience with it.
Funny you should say, I have a pending order on a focalink double alto G :) I just have to wait for the paypal approval, paypal is so secure its irritating seriously :shakefist:

Keep me posted once you start recording, I might try to buy one Budrio if I had the money to spend.

Krešimir Cindrić

Here are some more thoughts on Pacchioni's double alto G, before I make a review (I still need a lot more practice on it, I've had it only for three days)
  • the lower chamber uses pretty much even breath throughout it's entire range (that's something that is not characteristic of a usual ocarina di Budrio, like Menaglio's) and the upper chamber uses a little less air than the lower, which requires an extra effort to adjust to it
  • switching chambers is very easy mechanically (windways are close enough to allow fast switching, yet they are still enough apart to prevent accidentally blowing into both of them)
  • switching chambers is not so easy breath-wise: the upper chamber tends to sound a bit too sharp (especially the low notes on the upper chamber) if the breath is not adjusted
  • it's VERY hard to play both chambers in harmony - it sounds very much out of tune when I try it (perhaps it's a matter of practice, I don't know)
  • the timbre is beautiful and it's very similar between chambers (if breath is properly adjusted). In a room with average acoustics one cannot hear any difference between chambers. However, if acoustics are poor (for example inside a wardrobe or in a car) it is possible to hear that the lower chamber resonates a bit better.
  • it uses very little breath (compared to a usual ocarina di Budrio), but it's not too quiet (actually it's pretty loud - just a little quieter than Menaglio's, but a lot less airy) and it is very easy to get a nice vibrato on it
  • it doesn't have as much dynamics potential as usual ocarina di Budrio - it's a little cooler, calmer ocarina
When I consider additional range and a beautiful timbre I like this ocarina better than Menaglio's. However, it lacks the passion and the enormous expressive potential that Menaglio's ocarinas have.

I've recently bought two Arrigo Mignani's ocarinas as well. Those require a lot more air then Menaglio's and are much more airy, but have even greater expressive potential. However, I find them too hard to play nicely at my skill level, but they are great to practice breathing technique on.

EDIT: This "review" is a bit outdated, since I had this ocarina for over a year. There was a little defect that caused the imbalance between chambers and the need to adjust the breath - the tuning hole on the second chamber was slightly too big. I fixed that, and now there isn't any problem with this ocarina.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 5 Aug 2010, 04:39 PM.

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
Anyone know the range of Pacchioni's double C3 ocarina? Is it the normal range of a double, or is it like the Italian system that lessens the range?
Excuse my noobishness to Italian Ocarinas, and even Ocarinas in general.
:S

EDIT- I think I have found that it has the full range of a double, minus the lowest A.
Edited by Jack M., 4 Aug 2010, 04:47 PM.

Krešimir Cindrić

Jack:)
4 Aug 2010, 04:05 PM
Anyone know the range of Pacchioni's double C3 ocarina? Is it the normal range of a double, or is it like the Italian system that lessens the range?

EDIT- I think I have found that it has the full range of a double, minus the lowest A.
There are two versions:

DoppiaS
first chamber: (B4) C5-E6
second chamber: (B5) C6-A6

DoppiaV
second chamber: (D#6) E6-C7

The S version is very easy to play, since it has a large overlap between chambers - it is easy to switch chambers at places which are the most convenient and complex phrasing is possible. However, it's range is only slightly larger than the range of a single chamber ocarina.

The V version has the standard two octave range and still two notes overlap (something that most other ocarinas do not have) which is slightly more difficult to play.

Visit: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarina/ for more information.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 4 Aug 2010, 05:05 PM.

Pumpkin
Double Ocarinist x 4
Does anyone own a double bass (or something of that sort) from this brand? I noticed that these alto doubles start off relatively cheap, and since I'm interested in lower register ocarinas, I was wondering if this type of oc has a decent low double variant that could compete with my wish to get a noble single...

Poltergeist
Member Avatar
Pink Elephant on Parade

Krešimir Cindrić
4 Aug 2010, 05:04 PM
DoppiaV
His website is a bit confused about this, isn't it?

The range he wrote down in staff notation (here) runs from B4 to C7:

Posted Image

But just above that he writes it goes up to D7:

Quote:

Estensione effettiva della madre (principale): (B4 subtono) C5-E6 estensione effettiva della figlia : (D#6 subtono) E6-D7

I believe I remember a fingering chart that went up to D7. D7 is important if you want to play recorder music on the ocarina, and Pacchioni is a recorder player. It was one of the main things about this double that appealed to me. But I'm a bit confused if it really goes up to D7 or not. "Not" meaning that his Double Vicinelli would lose a lot of its attractiveness to me.

Sigurthr
Member Avatar
Flutist and Ham Radio Operator. Talarđu Íslenska?

Hmm I haven't tried to reach a D, perhaps I should!

I agree btw (recorder players ftw) I can stop transposing stuff in G to F with that high D!

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
Krešimir Cindrić
4 Aug 2010, 05:04 PM
4 Aug 2010, 04:05 PM

There are two versions:

DoppiaS
second chamber: (B5) C6-A6

DoppiaV

The S version is very easy to play, since it has a large overlap between chambers - it is easy to switch chambers at places which are the most convenient and complex phrasing is possible. However, it's range is only slightly larger than the range of a single chamber ocarina.

The V version has the standard two octave range and still two notes overlap (something that most other ocarinas do not have) which is slightly more difficult to play.

Visit: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarina/ for more information.
Thanks! And the one note that I was saying that it didn't have was the low A. I am not sure if I said this before, though.

It is a relatively cheap double ocarina (the DoppiaV, I am talking about), but the TriplaV is very cheap for a triple!

But I don't see the C3 version on his website (Here), but I would love to order it if I can get enough money. Do you have to contact him via e-mail?

Krešimir Cindrić

Yes, it is best to contact Mr. Pacchioni via email. As far as I know, the price for the triple in C is the same as for the triple in Bb. Also, I'm pretty sure that V and S models cost the same.

TriplaS is a very interesting ocarina - at first it may seem unnecessarily complex to have 3 chambers for two octave range, but, since the low and the middle chamber can play many notes in common (overlap), it makes it easy to play complex music - legato, trills, chromatics... Contrary to intuition, in this situation 3 chambers make for less chamber switching than 2, since you can, in most situations, choose for yourself at which point to make the switch, so it doesn't interrupt the phrasing. Great for Baroque coloraturas and melismatic melodies which you would want to perform legato, without tonguing between notes.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 5 Aug 2010, 04:33 PM.

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
Krešimir Cindrić
5 Aug 2010, 04:19 PM
Yes, it is best to contact Mr. Pacchioni via email. As far as I know, the price for the triple in C is the same as for the triple in Bb. Also, I'm pretty sure that V and S models cost the same.

TriplaS is a very interesting ocarina - at first it may seem unnecessarily complex to have 3 chambers for two octave range, but, since the low and the middle chamber can play many notes in common (overlap), it makes it easy to play complex music - legato, trills, chromatics... Contrary to intuition, in this situation 3 chambers make for less chamber switching than 2, since you can, in most situations, choose for yourself at which point to make the switch, so it doesn't interrupt the phrasing. Great for Baroque coloraturas and melismatic melodies which you would want to perform legato, without tonguing between notes.
The TriplaS IS a very unique ocarina...

And if I am correct, the Asian (I was counting the Maparam here) triple has 21 (whole) tones, while the G. Pacchioni covers 20... I am pretty sure that is right...

And do you have to speak Italian to e-mail him? I can, but not very fluently... at all.

Krešimir Cindrić

You don't have to know Italian, I can barely understand a few words. Luckily, Maestro Pacchioni uses Google Translate. :D And, from what I've heard, his wife speaks several languages, including English, French, Italian and, of course, Portuguese...

And don't worry, he usually replies very quickly and is always very friendly and nice. (I have bothered him a lot with my emails.)

However, it is easier for him to reply in Italian, so you might want to mention in your email that it is OK with you if he replies in Italian - as you can always use Google Translate yourself to understand him...

5 Aug 2010, 04:43 PM
And if I am correct, the Asian (I was counting the Maparam here) triple has 21 (whole) tones, while the G. Pacchioni covers 20... I am pretty sure that is right...
Yes, you are correct, Maparam triple ocarina can play up to high G, whereas TriplaV can play to the high F. I'm not sure about flageolet (overblown) notes, though I doubt that it is possible to do it.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 5 Aug 2010, 04:59 PM.

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
Krešimir Cindrić
5 Aug 2010, 04:51 PM
You don't have to know Italian, I can barely understand a few words. Luckily, Maestro Pacchioni uses Google Translate. :D And, from what I've heard, his wife speaks several languages, including English, French, Italian and, of course, Portuguese...

And don't worry, he usually replies very quickly and is always very friendly and nice. (I have bothered him a lot with my emails.)

However, it is easier for him to reply in Italian, so you might want to mention in your email that it is OK with you if he replies in Italian - as you can always use Google Translate yourself to understand him...

Yes, you are correct, Maparam triple ocarina can play up to high G, whereas TriplaV can play to the high F. I'm not sure about flageolet (overblown) notes, though I doubt that it is possible to do it.
Thanks! And there aren't really THAT many instances you need that high g, and it IS a lot cheaper! :D
Once I get sufficient funds I will definitely be asking Mr. Pacchioni about his DoppiaV and TriplaV. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Assuming the DoppiaV goes up to D7, then its range would only be a minor third less than a TriplaV?

Seems like it might not be worth paying an extra $100 for a TriplaV then...unless you really want those three chromatic notes?

And if I am correct, the Asian (I was counting the Maparam here) triple has 21 (whole) tones, while the G. Pacchioni covers 20...

Shouldn't an Asian triple such as the Maparam have two more whole tones than a TriplaV, since it both goes down to a low A and goes up to a high G?

EDIT: On Giorgio Pacchioni's site, he must have corrected the text that said his DoppiaV went up to D7 since now it says:
Quote:

Estensione effettiva della madre (principale): (B4 subtono) C5-E6 estensione effettiva della figlia : (D#6 subtono) E6-C7

Now it's consistent with the notes on the staff. Bummer, since having a high D would be useful for playing songs in G. Maybe there is a point to a Triple...:D
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
esprit
5 Aug 2010, 07:04 PM
Assuming the DoppiaV goes up to D7, then its range would only be a minor third less than a TriplaV?

Seems like it might not be worth paying an extra $100 for a TriplaV then...unless you really want those three chromatic notes?

And if I am correct, the Asian (I was counting the Maparam here) triple has 21 (whole) tones, while the G. Pacchioni covers 20...

Shouldn't an Asian triple such as the Maparam have two more whole tones than a TriplaV, since it both goes down to a low A and goes up to a high G?

EDIT: On Giorgio Pacchioni's site, he must have corrected the text that said his DoppiaV went up to D7 since now it says:
Quote:

Estensione effettiva della madre (principale): (B4 subtono) C5-E6 estensione effettiva della figlia : (D#6 subtono) E6-C7

Now it's consistent with the notes on the staff. Bummer, since having a high D would be useful for playing songs in G. Maybe there is a point to a Triple...:D
Well, all doubles (excluding the MaxRange Double) are a minor 4th lower then a triple. I find the increase in price ridiculous, but I am sure there is a lot more craftmanship involved in making a triple.

And the G.P. TriplaV is very cheap for a triple, so I though that if I got the money, I might as well get a triple for those four notes. :)

And about the subtonic, I am pretty sure the triple doesn't even go down to low B? Unless I misunderstood the concept of a split hole.

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

All Pacchioni ocarinas go down to the subtonic leading note (B) by use of the subhole AND they have a split hole for C# also. Some even have a second and third split hole for A# and high F#.
Edited by Sigurthr, 6 Aug 2010, 01:48 AM.

Jack M.
Member Avatar
Baroque is love.
Thanks for clearing that up Sig!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wait, so having a second and third split hole would increase the range (by giving you a low Bb and high F#?) I thought split holes just helped make half-holing easier.

Anyway, if the split holes do add a half-step of range at either end, why don't all Pacchioni multichamber ocs have them? Do they decrease sound quality or chamber balance?
Quote Post Goto Top

Krešimir Cindrić

Split holes do not increase range, they just facilitate half-holing. Sigurthr was refering to the split hole for the left middle finger, which makes playing A#/Bb possible only with the left hand, so you can keep the right hand on the upper chamber holes.

DoppiaV does not play up to the high D, but to the high C. Maybe it is possible to overblow it, but I doubt.
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 5 Aug 2010, 09:31 PM.

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

Yep, what Kresimir said.

Oh and I checked: no high D. I was pretty sure I had tried once but figured I would give it a go anyway.

Poltergeist
Member Avatar
Pink Elephant on Parade

Apparently he has re-designed it. I'm sure I saw the fingering chart for a high D. Perhaps that is the reason why there no longer is a fingering chart on the product page.
That's a shame, because I wanted a Pacchioni to play recorder music. Soprano recorder music often goes up to high D. And solo music for alto recorder has a similar range, from F to high G, so I can't play that by transposing it down a fourth.

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

Mostly what goes to D is stuff in G, so I transpose that to F to make it fit. There are a few pieces designed for the entire range of a recorder though, not much you can do about that except underblow for a low A when it's transposed to F.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And how hard is it to underblow for a low A on a Pacchioni double/triple? I'm not exactly a stranger to underblowing for a low note on an ocarina with only one subhole, as I do it to get a low D (often for playing songs in G, actually) on my Hind. It's hard to keep it in tune and at a hearable volume, but it is physically possible (I've hit the sweet spot a few times), and so I figure with practice I'll get good at it. I'm wondering if something similar is the case with a Pacchioni multichambered oc.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

If you can do it on a hind (as I can too) you should have no problem. Bb is very easy and A isn't much lower of an underblow. Besides, right thumb can fipple bend if you have long thumbs (I do not). It is much quieter though unlike the Bb.

Also you can request a second subhole as all his ocs are made to order but the perfect intonation and tone color match will suffer.

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Sigurthr
6 Aug 2010, 04:29 PM
Also you can request a second subhole as all his ocs are made to order but the perfect intonation and tone color match will suffer.
Thank you. =)

Finally I have a definitive answer. The Pacchioni Oc isn't so special.

Every other maker could most likely make a perfect Double/Triple if they only had to deal with one subhole. ;)

Therefore its not fair to compare the two as you and Kresmir do so often.

Krešimir Cindrić

Well, I would like to see those perfect Doubles and Triples by other makers, which have only one subhole... ;)

I doubt that every other maker thinks that the second sub-hole is worth having imbalanced chambers.

David F.
Will make ocarinas for food!

Krešimir Cindrić
6 Aug 2010, 08:23 PM
Well, I would like to see those perfect Doubles and Triples by other makers, which have only one subhole... ;)

I doubt that every other maker thinks that the second sub-hole is worth having imbalanced chambers.
Hey i might sneak up on u guys! :ninja: lol although i doubt i will get to that level any time soon! but ive also noticed this when i when i make a 10 hole or 11 hole, i thought it was just me!

I have yet to try one of these True Italian ocs, and after how much praise u guys give them i thought i would try one and i am soon getting a sol 4 hopefully !

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

Elven Spellmaker
6 Aug 2010, 08:15 PM
Every other maker could most likely...
The Ocarinas are not special, it is the maker and his way of doing things, doing business, and the selection of ocs he makes that is special.

MapAram could most likely make Taiwanese subs and proper hand/finger spacing.

Songbird could most likely tune to A=440.

TNG could most likely stop making ocs in C#, and could most likely have a testing department that prevents obvious flaws from being sold.

Focalink could most likely make forte multi's that have in tune 2nd chamber accidentals.

Noble could most likely make a triple that isn't garbage.

The list goes on and most importantly everything above that could be done.... isn't done.
Edited by Sigurthr, 6 Aug 2010, 09:15 PM.

RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

I have ordered my Pacchioni TriplaV Alto C ocarina, and am awaiting an email telling me when it will be shipped. This is my birthday present from my wife. My birthday is this month, but I am sure I won't get my ocarina until October. That is okay by me though. I absolutely love the textured sound of Maestro Pacchioni's ocarinas. I may have to start doing some videos after it arrives.
Roger

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ