Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best Ways to Practice Rhythm/Timing?
Topic Started: 19 Apr 2017, 01:40 AM (1,931 Views)

Listen to music you like. Find the beat/rhythm. Tap your foot to it - or perhaps try to dance to the beat. Don't worry about dancing well, just trying to stay on beat. You could also try going to a drum circle, where you can literally feel the beat. You could also try picking up a percussion instrument, which will get you thinking about things in that context. I started playing the cas cas/asalato/kashaka a while ago and it got me really thinking about beats and such. It got me listening to a lot more music and listening differently.

If you want to learn difficult rhythms, I can make suggestions too - but for simply keeping time - I think the above will help.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Music Theory · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ