Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hind; Discuss Hind ocarinas here
Topic Started: 26 Apr 2008, 10:23 AM (39,517 Views)
ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist x 2
CanadianLights
27 Feb 2016, 03:23 AM
Hey guys, I made my inline ocarina and it sounds great, but do you guys have any tips for playing high notes well, due to it being soft blown? I usually play my transverse ocs, which all have rising breath so I instinctively go higher, and its really hard to play high notes that are really airy. any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
I just got a hind to and its also taking me some time to get used to the high notes. I found this old thread about it. Maybe it can help.

http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7125548/1/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poki28
Inline Ocarinist
Hello !

First, i'd like to say that English is not my mother tong so I'm sorry if I make some English mistakes.

I would like to buy a Hind Ocarina : the new instruments on his webside are beautiful and I just fell in love with one of them (a soprano). I read all this topic and saw that custom orders take a lot of time. But what about the ocarinas that are available on his website ? Are they unique or can he make several identical ocarinas (i would like to know if i must hurry up to buy it) ? And does the models on his website take as long as custom order ?

Thank you in advance !

carbon

I'd order asap. You could also email him and ask what else he has available right now. Mr. Hind doesn't always post all of his stock online.

Poki28
Inline Ocarinist
Oh ok :) Well I was going to wait until the end of the month (for the money) but I will follow your advice :) Thank you for your quick answer !
Do you have a Hind ocarina ?

carbon

I have a harmony inline. My wife has an entire set of transverse being custom made over the next few months. She used to have a double transverse (one of his earliest ones).

Poki28
Inline Ocarinist
Waw great collection !
Well I just bought the ocarina to Mr. Hind. I'm already happy ! Thank you for your help :)

carbon

Awesome! Congrats.

Poki28
Inline Ocarinist
Thank you ! I will try to post photos if I can (here is the link to the website : http://hindocarina.com/ocarinas/index.php?l=product_detail&p=845).

I live in Belgium so I think the ocarina will take time to come :)

Poki28
Inline Ocarinist
Well Mr Hind just sent me an email to tell me that the ocarina was mine and was unique ! He hasn't enough wood to do another one. He should get it in the mail today :D

CharlieHind
Instrument Maker

Hi Everyone,

I have finally created a facebook page for my ocarinas if any of you would like to visit, like, or share. There are several albums, and I will be posting pictures of some of the more noteworthy instruments that I am shipping out from time to time. Please have a look, and I would appreciate it if you will help me spread the word. I am new to social media, so if you write something that needs a response and don't get one, don't take it personally....it's simply because I don't know fully how to operate the page yet.

Hind Ocarina Facebook Page

Thanks,

Charlie Hind

Shinobinlove
Member Avatar
Music Ninja
Does anybody have any sound samples of the new design of the double tenor F sweet potato with the square voicing? For the life of me I cannot find a sample ANYWHERE.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Shinobinlove
22 Aug 2016, 08:20 AM
Does anybody have any sound samples of the new design of the double tenor F sweet potato with the square voicing? For the life of me I cannot find a sample ANYWHERE.
I Emailed Mr. Hind and asked about one several months back, and he replied saying it was on his list to do, but one hadn't been made yet.

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Hello, all! I just bought my first Hind ocarina, a tenor F inline, from his Etsy store. I founf it during a random ocarina-related search a couple weeks ago, and I kept going to "visit" the listing. After the 5th or 6th time, I figured it could be my early birthday present to myself. I'm really looking forward to it. I have the polycarbonate Mountain Ocarina inlines in C & G, and I like them, but I think that the curved, smaller finger holes on this one might be easier for me. I'm really looking forward to it. I love polished wood, and I had a gap in my collection for something in the tenor range. Waiting for a shipping notice now! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ