Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Ocarinas in Media; In reference and use
Topic Started: 25 Apr 2008, 09:57 AM (35,009 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Content removed by request of author.
Edited by speckles, 7 Nov 2010, 04:34 AM.
Quote Post Goto Top

IchibodCrane
Member Avatar
Needs to be on more often

I heard vaguely about an ocarina reference on an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, not that I've seen it. :pendant:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
The Multi-Talented Ocarinist!
Only one anime I watch, 'GeGeGe No Kitaro'. It was made in the 80s, or so I hear...:ocarina:

witemp
Member Avatar
Focalink user
Does anybody know what type of ocarina they use in the pokemon movie? I've never seen on like that before... But it is nice...

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
I highly doubt its a real kind of ocarina, but it would be nice to have one like that ^.^

IchibodCrane
Member Avatar
Needs to be on more often

I thought of another one! There is an english style ocarina in Jim Hensons's Dark Crystal. I can't remember what those creatures are, the ones who raised the female gelfling, but one of them was playing an ocarina with six holes on top. It's the scene where the female gelfling introduces those other creatures to the male gelfling, and there's some sort of celebration, I think. I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I just remember that one scene.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ZaffiroRubino
Apr 27 2008, 06:22 AM
I highly doubt its a real kind of ocarina, but it would be nice to have one like that ^.^

I have seen an old dial ocarina. The dial changed the key of the instrument, not the note.
I guess I'll have to make a section for TV shows too.
I wish I knew which episode.

EDIT: I went with the newest GeGeGe no Kitaro movie because I cannot seem to find any footage of Kitaro using the ocarina to summon Ittan Momen in the 1984 version or any other.
Quote Post Goto Top

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
I can send you part of one of the episodes where he summons him. But it's a little while in the part to show it ^.^; Still a good anime though :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

That would be great.
Quote Post Goto Top

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
5:14-5:20, time when he pulls it out to when he puts it away.

Here you go for the list! :cookie:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow. He uses the ocarina to summon, turns it into a staff, then uses it as a pen in that episode. ROFL
Quote Post Goto Top

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
I know XD It can turn into a whip (or so I heard) and play music on it which has the power to deal damage certain ghosts. (also what I heard from Wiki)

Its a fairly good anime :D I loves it ^.^

Deleted User
Deleted User

I added My Nieghbor Totoro, Lexx, Dragonball Z #13, Toonami Commercial, Minish Cap, Naruto, and two live performances of Wild Thing!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Added Haré+Guu (Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu) thanks to Foxxy Rin! :nod:

:whistle: "The Ocarina will welcome you back!"
Quote Post Goto Top

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
Yar. Does not the game Link's Awakening contain an ocarina?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't have Link's Awakening, but was told it was a whistle. :?

EDIT: There is an ocarina. It will be added soon ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
In the LEXX clip, the oc part is at 3:10

I might tab that song sometime, it's a nice little one :)

Mikael
Member Avatar

Here is a clip featuring an ocarina. it says it's from a ps1 game called Lunar: Silver Star Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmncfwu9zs

Deleted User
Deleted User

Always happy to see more media references. Thanks Rin! :kiss:

I still laugh at the Lexx clips. She doesn't hold it like a transverse but has
both hands on one side to cover up the fact that she is not actually playing! :XD:
Quote Post Goto Top

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
I'll check out the Link's Awakening later today.

Must play through it for the.... tenth time. :nod:

Rombrent
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
where is the source on "ocarina solo" from 1907.

I thought 1907 was part of the "silent movie" era?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I saw it mentioned on a UK website that also talked about Maynard G. Krebs, but I confirmed it using The Internet Movie Database. Sound Mix is by Cinematophone and it seems to be in the Synchronized To Record / Early Sound section. I would assume that would mean it has sound.

:D
Quote Post Goto Top

Ocarininja
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
In Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, the ocarina was mentioned again in episode 3 of the "DELUXE" series. Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nIEyFN4x0AA

So, I watched the Minish Cap clip, and noticed that that song he plays is the same as the hidden flute's song in one of the Mario games *forgets which one*

MODedit please use the edit button =) Myung

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
I can't find a clip of it being used, but in .Hack//SIGN, the characters use a "Sprite Ocarina" to teleport from one area to another. I don't think it's ever actually played though - they just hold it up in the air and warp.

mightyicecream

Sprite Ocarina

thats what all i could find about that :P
Edited by mightyicecream, 23 Jun 2008, 10:50 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I added Tu Vuo' Fa' L'Americano, which is a fun song in and of itself. Ocarina starts at 1:52, but you can see him pull it out of his coat pocket a bit earlier than that.
Quote Post Goto Top

RedX72
Member Avatar
Nabeshin!!!
hey moonsyne theres another ocarina in bleach episode 129. they're sitting in the car and a little girl is playing it. Here's a clip: it's about 9 min into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MS_xHz7lkg

actually, there are ocarinas in bleach episodes 128-131, but they're all the same exact ocarina except for the one in 129 and 1 at the very end of episode 131, so iono if u wanna include them....
Edited by RedX72, 19 Jul 2008, 01:46 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just a heads up, I am slowly making my own video clips, with intro and endings, and am replacing the links to other people's videos with my own created ones.

This is mostly because 1- Some Youtube videos have been taken down
2- Some are too long and 3- It's spiffy!
Quote Post Goto Top

Pyromanaic21
Member Avatar
the one who loves FIRE....
sweet...that's awesome...those vids look really nice!!!

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
Speaking of "Sprite Ocarina", there was one of the lemon-lime softdrinks which had an ad on television a few years ago that was spoofing Zamfir (the famous panpiper) album ads with a parody ad for an ocarina player. I remember seeing it on broadcast television sometime in the early 2000's. Clayzeness used to have it up on their site but now I can't find it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I did a youtube search and found this, but no Ocarina Player commercial :(
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3dnW8QJxHD0
Quote Post Goto Top

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
Okay, I ran a Yahoo search and found the Clayzeness page for the Ocarina Sprite Commercial: http://www.clayz.com/notes.html

Deleted User
Deleted User

Much appreciated. Added: Yablo: Master of the Ocarina!

Edit: If anyone knows where I can find Mr. Roger's Nieghborhood #1299 season 6 episode 39 called "Potato Bugs and Cows" which first aired 4/12/1973, I would be grateful for a link!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Insomnia and TCM has paid off again as I watch a scene from Thousands Cheer (1943) where a reprised "I Dug a Ditch" by Kathryn Grayson (and mens chorus) features a brief look at some large ocarinas played by service men as they walk her home. I have yet to find footage of it, and not much footage at all outside of the infamous USO show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've discovered another for you guys.
Penelope! A wonderful movie.

If you are enjoying these Ocarinas In Media videos, please rate and leave feedback.

Quote Post Goto Top

masagamer
Member Avatar
KAJUKENBO fighting style
Its just in gegege no kitaro its considered a flute not an ocarina. thay also change the shape for some reason in the movie

Goatmon
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I appreciate what you're doing here, Moon, but I hate sitting through videos that include details that could just be put in the video description.

I'd rather the video just include the video, not extra details I can glance over while watching the actual video, rather than stare for 15 seconds wiating for the video to begin.
Edited by Goatmon, 28 Sep 2008, 03:02 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Many of the clips are cut down from hour long episodes or movie segments.
I don't think that a few seconds is too much to wait through compared to that.

;)

Just wait until I finish the Lexx video. it takes parts from several hour long episodes
(as soon as I find one more episode. SO close...)
Quote Post Goto Top

Goatmon
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Moonsyne
28 Sep 2008, 04:03 PM
Many of the clips are cut down from hour long episodes or movie segments.
I don't think that a few seconds is too much to wait through compared to that.

;)

Just wait until I finish the Lexx video. it takes parts from several hour long episodes
(as soon as I find one more episode. SO close...)
That's really beside the point.

It's a matter of practicality to me; The video info is there on the side, ready to be read if I care to know any details. Including them in the actual video before anything has actually begun is kind of annoying and a waste of youtube features.

Example; For my duet video I just included some annotations that popped up during the video without really getting in the way, and it directed people to the guy who helped me make the video without dragging out the time of the video itself.

If you just like including a little intro to the start of every video, that's your call, I'm just sharing my point of view with you here. =P

Deleted User
Deleted User

I appreciate your opinion. I started doing these before youtube had that feature. While annotation is neat in some videos, it has been annoying in others. I guess everything in moderation.

I admit that I did not design these with the idea that someone would watch all of them together at one time. I thought people would pick and choose clips that they have not heard of or seen only, and members will be viewing only the new ones as they are added. I can imagine watching them all at once could be repetitive. It is not how I imagined the list to be used.

I hoped that people would stumble across the set while looking for one topic on youtube, and discover ocarinas and the TON in the process.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

How about Rurouni Kenshin? :hi:
Quote Post Goto Top

White Revolver
Member Avatar
Adventurer-in-Training
Actually when I was trying to make an ocarina my dad was watching Penelope and I saw that part and was thinking "No way, is that an ocarina...?"

And what do you know? It is!

And I remember seeing that Doug episode a million years ago. Skeeter made it out of a stale cafeteria roll if I remember right.

speckles
Member Avatar
I’ve been hypnotized

1953 - Stalag 17

Posted Image

Video 1 - ocarina sighting @ 3:30, 9:45

video 2 - ocarina sightings or a mention @ 3:42, 7:40

Joey, (played by Robinson Stone) is a shellshocked airman who speaks very little, but is always playing an ocarina.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046359/

1941 Meet John Doe Gary Cooper

Posted Image

Video

1965 - Addams Family "Thing Is Missing"

Posted Image

EPISODE

After an altercation with Uncle Fester, Thing suddenly disappears from his box, and the family begins to suspect foul play. At the end Lurch gives Thing an ocarina as a "Welcome Home" present. (2:17 from the end of the episode)
Edited by speckles, 17 Feb 2009, 06:12 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Speckles, you are a treasure! Have a cookie :cookie: :cookie:

I just wish Hulu videos were downloadable.
Quote Post Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
I’ve been hypnotized

Moonsyne
3 Oct 2008, 08:22 AM
Speckles, you are a treasure! Have a cookie :cookie: :cookie:

Mmmmm.... thanks, I love cookies! *mouth full* :chew:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Performances · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ