Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
How to protect your ceramic ocarina; Tips & Tricks; Tips for playing storage and travelling.
Topic Started: 24 Apr 2008, 06:30 PM (16,425 Views)
Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Heh heh...is there anyway to stop someone from running off with your ocarina?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Qwervy
Beginner
Pyromanaic21
27 Apr 2008, 01:32 AM
so true...all of my musical instruments are very precious to me.....only if I really trust some one with my life would I think about letting them touch my ocarina...
I wouldn't.

You'd be suprised
DeepRed
27 Jun 2008, 10:06 AM
Since most neckstraps are pretty ugly, I cut them off and add suede leather ones in a matching colour (sometimes with a bead or two knotted on for decoration).
I admit I never use the neckstraps myself, they're simply there for times when someone asks to look at one of my ocs! I never let someone hold my ocarina unless I wrap the neckstrap around their wrist a few times BEFORE letting them hold it!
Still droppable.

Does any one know where to get an ocarina wrist strap/neckstrap +
case(Padded)
Annelies Draaijer
7 Jun 2013, 08:45 PM
OcarinaFanatic
1 Apr 2013, 01:36 PM
Okay, thanks Fred. I live in Canada though, so they will not ship gun cases here from Amazon, etc. Could somebody please tell me a way to make a soft, comfortable case out of things found around the house?
Thanks!
I'm not Jack nor Fred, but I went shopping today for something that could serve as a soft pouch for my new DragonTooth, wich came totally unprotected. And then I had a brilliant moment:

OVEN MITTS! :grin:

Directions:
1. Buy oven mitt in desired colour, or get it from the kitchen (the padded version obviously, not silicone)
2. Push the thumb thingie inside, it offers a bit more protection. Alternatively, cut off thumb and stitch hole on the inside (turn mitt inside out to do so)
3. Use self-adhesive velcro to close open side of mitt, fasten with needle&thread if desired
4. Fold excessive mitt flap, fasten with elastic band, button, velcro or other fastening material

Done in less than 10 minutes! :)
So doing this.

P.S. please not copyright!!!
Edited by Qwervy, 2 Apr 2016, 01:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Articles and Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ