Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Maparam; Discuss Maparam ocarinas here
Topic Started: 23 Apr 2008, 08:36 PM (28,680 Views)
Mikael
Member Avatar

Link to their English website
http://www.maparam.kr/index.html?modea=eng

Discuss the fantastic Maparam ocarinas in this thread
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OcarinaNL
Member Avatar
Dutch Mod squad
My Maparam Alto C arrived today! :wub:
I love it its clear on every tone! :link:

Pyromanaic21
Member Avatar
the one who loves FIRE....
I hope to hear you play it soon....They have a very good sound.....

....... :ph43r:

zack767
Member Avatar
Beginner
I may get a triple maparam next

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
:double: I ordered from Maparam yesterday and my double Alto C was shipped today! Talk about fast! O_O

I can't wait to start messing up on it XD I'm so gonna start with Ballad of the Windfish!

Will probably take me along while to get used to a double but oh well, the sooner I start practicing the sooner I will learn :P

witemp
Member Avatar
Focalink user
Does anybody know if the Email contact with maparam is as fast as with Zack Shih( Focalink?)?

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
When I ordered my Maparams there were little mistake with the order. The tracking system said that the destination country would be France, while it should have been Finland. I sent email to Minsoo Kim about it, and he replied to me within hour saying that he had informed the carrier about it.

I think that's fast. :D

stevtomato
Member Avatar
The Splattered Tomato

yes, that guy is a madman! talk about an extremely good customer care service =D

MYUNG! can you scan the chart that came with the order and send it to me? Please?

Deleted User
Deleted User

stevtomato
Apr 28 2008, 12:16 PM
MYUNG! can you scan the chart that came with the order and send it to me? Please?

We got a PM system, just to let you know.
lmao xD
Quote Post Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
stevtomato
Apr 28 2008, 02:16 PM
yes, that guy is a madman! talk about an extremely good customer care service =D

Sure :D

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

witemp
Apr 28 2008, 09:41 AM
Does anybody know if the Email contact with maparam is as fast as with Zack Shih( Focalink?)?

In my experience with the two makers, Focalink has been better in the email service.
Mr Zack Shih writes in English well and responds thoroughly.

Maparam's Mr. MinSoo Kim's english is not as good, and he seems to struggle a bit in the emails.

But that's ok ^_^
I can translate and contact him (have done it before and got a speedy response in his native language - Korean).

witemp
Member Avatar
Focalink user
Okay,

Indeed I always like Mr Zack Shih's emails, they are so understandable :).

Thanks for the info :)

Whistle
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Kissing, after watching your video with you playing your Maparam (Simple and Clean), the Maparam does have a sweet sound!

I wish I could get a Maparam T_T STL is my only resort for right now.

Sone
Member Avatar
Konsaisone
No i think his song with first love was the best xP

flip
Member Avatar
"the switch"
I got the Maparam Double Alto-C. I really like it. I'm still practicing before I do a video with it though.

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
11:18 01-May-2008 Arrival at inward office of exchange NLAMSA :excited:

Yay my Map dbl AC has arrived in the Netherlands!!!

Let's hope it slips through customs :double:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lucky! =P

I know this is the Maparam thread but:
[size=1]I'm gonna order my Focalink tomorrow! :excited:[/size]
Quote Post Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

DeMaulwurfn
May 1 2008, 09:36 PM
Lucky! =P

I know this is the Maparam thread but:
[size=1]I'm gonna order my Focalink tomorrow! :excited:[/size]

ROFL!

This is exactly the kind of things that can get you BANNED in a forum! :evil:

...but not this one :TON:
TON FTW!!
Good luck on your purchase!

Deleted User
Deleted User

kissing
May 2 2008, 05:14 AM
ROFL!

This is exactly the kind of things that can get you BANNED in a forum! :evil:

...but not this one :TON:
TON FTW!!
Good luck on your purchase!

LMFAO! xD
You scared me at first xD

Thanks! =D
Quote Post Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Well my Maparam double Alto C has arrived today!!!!!!!! *insert hallelujah music*

It was excellently packaged in the awesomely padded case with some extra bubblewrap around the case. Included in the package were the fingering chart, a print of the ocarina mentioning the tuning hole on top, Minsoo Kim's business card, and a CD! Smile in the Spring - Ocarina Classica. Lovely CD I might add.

So I've been practicing just a wee bit this morning (it's still early here in the Netherlands). First impressions are good, though I'm having trouble with some airy sounding high notes on the first chamber. It probably is my bad breathing technique though and I should use TAB.

I am used to small pendants and the Spencer Alto C, which require very little breath pressure. So I noticed the pressure required here is a tad bit more than I'm used to. I shall require quite some practice to master this ocarina.....I'm such a noob -_-

Mikael
Member Avatar

Congrats on your new ocarina Jess! I want one as well :mellow:

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Rintintin
May 3 2008, 01:49 PM
Congrats on your new ocarina Jess! I want one as well :mellow:

Here's a pic of my Map:

Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lovely! It looks better in your picture than on the website.
Quote Post Goto Top

Whistle
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
What a beauty!

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
I absolutely love the look and overall shape and design of the Maps. I've been practicing and it is starting to sound alot better already...so it probably is just my bad technique, just what I expected. I do still hope to get a reply from Minsoo Kim to see if he has any useful playing tips.

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
Congratulations with the Maparam.

Yeah, the Maps hold some kind of serene beauty. Focalink Doubles look beautiful and shiny, but the Maparam Doubles beauty lies in the sound it produces.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

ImmortalOffspring
May 4 2008, 08:48 PM
.. but the Maparam Doubles beauty lies in the sound it produces.

Wow.... that's the best thing I've read for a while :double: :link:

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
I love the Maparam's look too- beautiful things come in simple packages! It's like, 'we don't need to be flashy and shiny, our beauty and quality is on the INSIDE!!'
But the straw fired focalinks are sweet looking too :)
(will I get banned? lol) ;)

masagamer
Member Avatar
KAJUKENBO fighting style
I would like to know how long it would take for a Maparam ocarina to come from korea all the way to California

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

masagamer
May 18 2008, 02:55 AM
I would like to know how long it would take for a Maparam ocarina to come from korea all the way to California

You'll have it in about 3~4 days ;)
A week at most :lol: His shipping service is very fast.

If there is a delay (such as the ocarina being out of stock, and having to make more), he'd email you about it :)

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Sorry that this is a rather trivial question, but how much would Maparam shipping be for a Double Alto-C to the US?

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
OcarinaMan333
May 19 2008, 01:32 AM
Sorry that this is a rather trivial question, but how much would Maparam shipping be for a Double Alto-C to the US?

Maparam charges 30USD for international shipments, even when you order more than one ocarina from them. I bought the Triple and Single Alto-C and the shipping was 30USD. I also got two carrying bags in case someone is wondering how many bags they get if they order more than one ocarina at a time.

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
$30 international is pretty good value!!! Especially for heavy items like ocarinas! :)

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
teidon
May 19 2008, 09:33 AM
Maparam charges 30USD for international shipments, even when you order more than one ocarina from them. I bought the Triple and Single Alto-C and the shipping was 30USD. I also got two carrying bags in case someone is wondering how many bags they get if they order more than one ocarina at a time.

That is really good to know, next time I order from Minsoo it won't be just one oc :P

You can seriously save on shipping man O_o

Ocarininja
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Okay, I'm planning on getting some Maparams this summer, but I was wondering if purchasing Double Alto C, Alto C, and Soprano C at the same time would be going overboard? I already have plenty of experience with my 12-Hole from STL, and I feel ready to advance to the Triple, and I really want a better quality Alto C, and a soprano would be nice for playing some higher pitched songs, but I don't know. I know that I AT LEAST want the Double and an Alto C, but I'm not sure if I really need the soprano...

Mikael
Member Avatar

Foxxy Rin
May 23 2008, 02:18 AM
Okay, I'm planning on getting some Maparams this summer, but I was wondering if purchasing Double Alto C, Alto C, and Soprano C at the same time would be going overboard? I already have plenty of experience with my 12-Hole from STL, and I feel ready to advance to the Triple, and I really want a better quality Alto C, and a soprano would be nice for playing some higher pitched songs, but I don't know. I know that I AT LEAST want the Double and an Alto C, but I'm not sure if I really need the soprano...

If you can afford it then it's perfectly fine to buy all those at once in my opinion.
A soprano is always good to have for certain songs. You just can't go wrong with purchasing Maparam, so you'll want as many of them as possible :lol:

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

:lol:
It's very hard to decide which Maparams to get, because they're so darn nice :lol:

I remember having to make my choices LOL.

Especially when it comes to the AC, Double AC and the Triple AC :blink:
Which combination to have is a mind-rattling choice :lol:

At the moment, I have the Single AC and the Triple AC. As much as I loved my Double AC (which, in my opinion had a great tone!), it became a little outshadowed when I got the Triple. In my case, I had several Triple-ocarina-range songs that can't be played on the Double, whereas all songs that can be played on the Double can be played on the Triple. That way the Single AC and Triple complement eachother (Triple for range, Single for tone quality).

The Double, in my opinion, is the ultimate compromise between the two - but if you also have the Single and Triple, you become a little conflicted on which to use. So many alternative AC's to use, all three fabulous and a bit different in tone :lol:

I ended up selling the Double, because I needed money for a Double Soprano ocarina, which I had no money for otherwise :cry: Ideally I wish I still kept all my 3 Maparam ACs (single, double, triple)... but $$ made me make a hard decision.

The Soprano is also a nice ocarina to have. Small, yet so capable! Some songs are better suited for Soprano C ocarina, especially the more lively ones. I hope you have small hands though, the holes on the Maparam Soprano C are quite small compared to other Soprano C's I have. This could be a good thing depending on how big your fingers are :D Designed for gentle breath, the sound is so pure and clear! (though a little piercing and loud if you blow hard)

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
I just ordered my Maparam AC.
*does a happy dance*

Seresúl
Member Avatar
Has OcariDNA
I just ordered the Maparam Double AC. :D
Now hopefully I'll actually be able to play it haha. :lol:

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

That's great guys :D

I hope they arrive to you guys soon :)
(MinSooKim at Maparam seems to be overworked these days though + sometimes he needs to make the ocarinas before sending because out of stock :lol: )

Mikael
Member Avatar

I had to wait 12 days for him to send me Double AC. :cry:

Good thing I've learned not to be impatient when it comes to getting ocarinas or I would go crazy.

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Yay, shipping!
*tracks obsessively*

Quote:

19:20 29-May-2008    Handed over to Customs - Customs retention reason : Other

-_-

Seresúl
Member Avatar
Has OcariDNA
My double AC came in today and it is amazing, I'm already in love with it. I'd probably play all day if I didn't have other things I have to do :>_>: .

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
It's here! It's here!
*plays*

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Yay! How do you like it?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ