Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Fingering Charts
Topic Started: 11 Feb 2008, 06:15 AM (69,873 Views)
kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Thought it would be useful to have one topic to compile all the necessary fingering charts.

I'll start us off with this modified 12-hole chart:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Simple Diatonic chart for 12-holes:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Maparam Double/Triple Charts:
http://www.ocarina.kr/design/maparam/chart...ng_triple_1.gif
http://www.ocarina.kr/design/maparam/chart...ng_triple_2.gif
http://www.ocarina.kr/design/maparam/chart...ng_triple_2.gif

Maparam 12-hole Charts (original)
http://www.ocarina.kr/design/maparam/chart/fingering_1.gif
http://www.ocarina.kr/design/maparam/chart/fingering_2.gif

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Would you like me to upload Mr. Hind's sweet pote fingering chart when I get it?

tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Hind's Ocarina charts are all at the site. Just click the ocarina scroll down and click fingering chart ;)

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Hahaha yeah I know. I just didn't see it listed up there so thought maybe you guys might want it for the records.

Turbo852
Member Avatar

Night Large Manual 12 Hole Fingering Chart

I'll add the small one later. I think it's the same though, just smaller.

Kajalamorth
Member Avatar
That guy on the left
I cant tell if mine is 5 hole or 6 hole I think five because it has two same holes of sames sizes please tell me what it is.

mightyicecream

Kajalamorth
May 17 2008, 06:14 PM
I cant tell if mine is 5 hole or 6 hole I think five because it has two same holes of sames sizes please tell me what it is.

if it has 5 holes its a 5 hole and if it has 6 holes its a 6 hole xD uhm.... yeah :P

Requiem1160
Member Avatar
Sheep
Thanks for these ^_^ Now I can play Epona's Song :rupee: :rupee:

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

I should update my own stuff on OU >.< maybe post the stuff here as well xD

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
http://hindocarina.com/enjoy/fingering/alto_potato.pdf

Here's a link to Mr. Hind's alto sweet pote. I thought you might want to include it because the subholes are slightly different.

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
9-hole sweet potato. Common fingering system for the larger 19th and early 20th Century European and American ocarinas.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 9chart.jpg (99.68 KB)

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
So...are the certain notes that the ocarina just can't play, or is the fingering just not listed? I'm using a Maparam Alto C, and there's no fingering for B-sharp/C-flat. Is it incapable of this note, or was that overlooked?

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
Sorry for reviving, but found a Feihn chart
Fullsize version at http://www.bearpawflutes.com/hfiehnupload.jpg
Edited by DeepRed, 11 Aug 2008, 11:16 PM.

Zelda
Member Avatar
Hylian Princess
What about the Focalink 12-hole one?

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/zerudahime/fingering_chart___sweet_potato.jpg

[ Edit. ] Got a photobucket and uploaded it.
Edited by Zelda, 12 Aug 2008, 02:29 AM.

Lyn D
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
Has anyone made a chart for the Focalink Double AC with the ocarina pictures. I have the original, but it's really tedious. It shows 1 ocarina and all the holes are numbered. Under each note, it shows you, in a column, the numbers of the holes to cover. A chart with pics would be so much easier.

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

hmmm, that's interesting I got a different chart with mine! Did yours come in the box or through email? if you email me at Ocarinaman333@hotmail.com, I will gladly email it to you Lyn!

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
You could maybe make one up for yourself on photoshop? A simplified outline with the holes and the notes next to it....try checking out Myung's tabs for ideas- hers are very clear :) PLus because they have sheet notes next to each tab, they helped me to learn sheet music too :)

chipsmusik1
Member Avatar
Focalinker!
I think STL has fingering charts on their blog too..

muschem
Member Avatar
Enigmatic Obfuscator
Here's my attempt at a fingering chart for the Focalink Double AC (.pdf file approx 800 KB):

Focalink_DoubleAC-Fingering_Chart-correctedD6.pdf

My graphics skills are pretty limited, but if you have feedback, I can attempt to improve on any deficiencies you might find. Disclaimer: any errors on the chart are most likely mine, and should not be attributed to Focalink.

Enjoy,
-m.

EDIT: Removed statement about possible inaccurate/out-of-tune fingerings. Will post dialog on that subject as an update to my review.

EDIT #2: Updated chart to reflect Focalink's new suggested fingering for D6.

erewhon
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
While I do not own the ocarina, I still think it is a very nice and readable chart. Thank you.

Kalin5513
Member Avatar
Oca-Rocker - Don't mess with me, I'm Pro. 0_0
I found a fingering chart that kissing made and posted on OU for the STL Ocarinas. Fingering chart he made plays the 2 subhole notes (A and B) Backwards. STL tells you to cover the right hand subhole for a B, and then cover both for the A.

Kissing showed that you should cover the left hand subhole first, and then both.

I have also noticed that the F# STL charts shows you is different that I have seen people playing.

STL shows X|XXXX X|OOXO
..While I have seen people play F# X|XXXX X|OXOO

Is there a correct way? Because I am starting to not trust STL Finger charts for the 12 hole...

h4ckluserr
Ocarininjitsu Trainee
In my effort to contribute, I am going to post up the Focalink Double AC chart. However most image host sites are blocked at work, sooooo... if this chart has already been posted, can I just get a mod to delete the post?

Thank You,
H4ck

kyleismr.smiley
Member Avatar
<(*~*)>
Another version of a Full 12 Hole :ocarina: Chart:

12 H. Fingering Chart.pdf

Enjoy :D
Edited by kyleismr.smiley, 4 Oct 2008, 09:35 AM.

ubizmo

You know, as I experiment with my 12-hole soprano ocarina, I find that I can produce every note without ever uncovering the L4 (left pinky) hole. This leads me to believe that this hole isn't needed, and could be filled with Blu-Tac, making overall fingering easier.

h4ckluserr
Ocarininjitsu Trainee
ubizmo
13 Oct 2008, 06:40 PM
You know, as I experiment with my 12-hole soprano ocarina, I find that I can produce every note without ever uncovering the L4 (left pinky) hole. This leads me to believe that this hole isn't needed, and could be filled with Blu-Tac, making overall fingering easier.
it's for this same reason you see Ocarinas with a 3/4 setup... as in 3 holes on the left hand, 4 holes on the right.(excluding thumb holes)

ubizmo

h4ckluserr
14 Oct 2008, 03:46 AM
ubizmo
it's for this same reason you see Ocarinas with a 3/4 setup... as in 3 holes on the left hand, 4 holes on the right.(excluding thumb holes)
Interesting. Can you recommend any with that setup? I'm interested.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

ubizmo
On any proper 12-hole soprano, lifting that left pink will give you an entire extra note :?
Which ocarina do you have?

xruiza
Beginner
muschem
1 Sep 2008, 10:49 PM
Here's my attempt at a fingering chart for the Focalink Double AC (.pdf file approx 800 KB):

Focalink_DoubleAC-Fingering_Chart-correctedD6.pdf

My graphics skills are pretty limited, but if you have feedback, I can attempt to improve on any deficiencies you might find. Disclaimer: any errors on the chart are most likely mine, and should not be attributed to Focalink.

Enjoy,
-m.

EDIT: Removed statement about possible inaccurate/out-of-tune fingerings. Will post dialog on that subject as an update to my review.

EDIT #2: Updated chart to reflect Focalink's new suggested fingering for D6.
How would I change this for a double sg :X I'm horrible at anything related to sheet music XD

piebot
Insert
Wait so you have one for a Double Alto C Ocarina??? Because i i see is a 12 hole and a tripple.. and bunch of other ones.

Ocarina12
Member Avatar
legendary ocarina knight
Hmm... does anyone have the fingering charts for woodsound ocarina's. I realize that Hind's 12 hole alto C lowest note is a B not the normal A and I'm wondering if that is the case with all Wooden 12 whole alto C's.

ninelives1
Beginner
i have a 4 hole onionlooking like ocarina that i got from my granda ma and i haven't seen any charts for a four hole...btw it looks like its clay and its about the size of your two thumbs side by side
about how big

top --------------------

-------------bottom------------
| |<---------where hinge is for the string

Edited by ninelives1, 29 Nov 2008, 11:00 PM.

leotiger
Beginner
Does Anyone have a fingering chart for a 6-hole bass-D ocarina? Pretty much any music i find is in a different key! :( (I'm a total beginner to both ocarinas and most music, so bare with me lol)

safi42
Beginner
I have just bought a 6 hole english pendant :pendant: in the key of E flat, can I use the C fingering chart? I don't want to play with anyone else and will be playing songs by ear, not by reading music. If not does anyone have one that I can use?

Thanks

shaowebb
Member Avatar
Beginner
Here is something I made using the STL site's keyboard and photoshop.

Its a scale for standard C major 12-holes with fingering charts and STL notation listed since they have that Zelda songbook.
Ill try to do a more conise scale later on with all the other notes the 12hole can create but for now just a scale.

Desmønd
Member Avatar
Find me at southeast anime cons

4 hole pendant+amazing grace tabs
All I could find for now hope I helped!
Edited by Desmønd, 5 Mar 2009, 01:28 AM.

Desmønd
Member Avatar
10 hole
ClayZ 4 hole pendant
10 hole(great detail)
foreign 10 hole
6 hole pendant
8 hole peruvian
9 hole peruvian
Mountain ocarinas 9 hole inline in C
all 4 hole pendant scales
12 hole

Well I hoped I helped and sorry for the confusion earlier -Desmond

tone
Beginner
I have an 11 hole stl. Is there a finger chart for this one?

Drag0ncl0ud
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
SkipSandwich
11 Jul 2008, 05:51 AM
So...are the certain notes that the ocarina just can't play, or is the fingering just not listed? I'm using a Maparam Alto C, and there's no fingering for B-sharp/C-flat. Is it incapable of this note, or was that overlooked?
B-sharp is C and C-flat is B

Also: E-sharp is F and F-flat is E

shadowlorde
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
has anyone figured out alternate fingerings?

i found 2 low e flat on an alto 12 hole and low d flat

stl 12 hole
e flat all fingers left hand and instead of the standard 2 fingers on right hand with the 2nd covering the small hole .. use 1st and ring fingers
the sub holes are hard to get to moving quickly and akward... i'm trying to see if theres a way to get

d flat
like e flat all left hand fingers down, right hand 1st finger ring and pinky instead of pointer, middle with sub, and ring

try it out and see if it works on yours.

Moleman09
Beginner
Does anyone know where I can find a chart for my STL 12 hole C major? Or if you already made one and I missed it could you give me a link or something? I'm trying to relearn how to read music.

Desmønd
Member Avatar
Moleman09
25 Apr 2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a chart for my STL 12 hole C major? Or if you already made one and I missed it could you give me a link or something? I'm trying to relearn how to read music.
Well sure there is! here: 12 hole C major STLocarina -Desmond(it was a pleasure to help :TON: )

Desmønd
Member Avatar
tone
21 Mar 2009, 04:11 PM
I have an 11 hole stl. Is there a finger chart for this one?
Of course there is! here you go! : 11 hole wide range tenor STLocarina hmmmmm..it seems as though a fingering chart and instructsional booklet should be included with this ocarina.-Desmond

Moleman09
Beginner
Thanks zombiefewd1. I owe you one. 1

Desmønd
Member Avatar
Moleman09
29 Apr 2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks zombiefewd1. I owe you one. 1
Your welcome :) -Desmond

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fingering Charts · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ