Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The STL Glow in The Dark Ocarina! Coolest Ocarina Ever!
Topic Started: 22 Mar 2017, 04:12 AM (2,382 Views)
Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Hamlett makes a Bb. Probably also Dinda, ICO, tytoalba, others.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
I think Dinda was the one I was thinking of! Thank you.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

@Bat @LillyDragon

If only there was someone else who had done a sound sample of the DIY Ocarina on a proper mic. You can't see me but I've my best smug face on.

https://soundcloud.com/mousechint/stl-diy-alto-c

Also I mirror Bat's sentiments. It is definitely one of the best ocarinas at its price point and I too prefer it over Focalinks A and B models. I had the AC-A as well and found it too small for my hands and uncomfortable.
Edited by Achint, 26 Mar 2017, 09:04 AM.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Thank you for the sound sample. It sounds better than I expected from it. And I can paint it which is a plus. And I had just promised myself that I would slow down with ocarina buying.

carbon

Here's two more DIY sound samples. They're pretty old but were also recorded with a good mic.

Hope you like Final Fantasy 8 music :

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
@Kae
I love my Dinda alto Bb! Dinda's are kinda hard to get (especially any variation besides a single chamber alto C), but if you want one send a message to the store and ask if they have any coming up for sale. That's what I did.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
I figured I would probably have to request one. I'm still debating if I want to get a double or not as well.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
A Bb would let you play clarinet and tenor sax music but a double might be better overall for the extended range

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
I meant get it as a double Bb. That way I can play my clarinet music as is. A lot of it goes out of range for a 12 hole but most is in range for a double. But I also am trying to convince myself to try to keep at my clarinet so I haven't completely decided yet. But it would be nice to easily play the songs without the wrist pain.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Back on the topic, I discovered by chance someone who would be very enthusiastic about the glow in the dark Ocarina: I quote "I'd like to see recorder that glow in the dark... we have glow in the dark toilets seats, we have glow in the dark condoms" ^^

see here The pied piper: on Yamaha Descant Recorders at 2'43".

(This post was originally placed in the topic about the SoL ocarina... So here it is, now at the correct place.)

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
As weird as it is I want a glow in the dark toilet seat D:
But seriously though I'm surprised there aren't more glow in the dark ocarinas. Maybe I'll get glow in the dark paint and paint a DIY ocarina.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Kae
26 Mar 2017, 07:02 AM
There's a Bb Dinda out there right at this moment.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Daniel
28 Mar 2017, 02:39 AM
Kae
AH if only the timing was better. Thank you for the heads up!

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Daniel
28 Mar 2017, 02:39 AM
Kae
I know on Etsy there is an Island Ocarina Bb as well as a bunch of other keys like F# and Ab.
I wonder if people like that who do custom instruments would do a glowing one. That would be neat. I think the way that some Island Ocarinas transverse are painted with the stripe would be neat as glowing.

CFWhitman
Initiate
One thing to be aware of with Island ocarinas is that every transverse one I've seen is Italian fingered. I'm not saying that's a problem, just something you should know before you order one.

BigC
Member Avatar
When you're STL, You're STL 4 Life!!!

Speaking of the STL Glow in the Dark, here's the video demo on how this ocarina plays!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ