Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Milt invented a mute equipment exclusively for ocarina!; You can practice ocarina as well as learn how to control breath pressure properly
Topic Started: 28 Oct 2016, 03:56 PM (5,677 Views)
EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Yeah, my Hind inline won't work with it, either, but it's a tenor F, so it's already a lot quieter than my transverse ones. Still waiting to hear back from Shion about getting mine ordered.

*UPDATE*

I heard back from Shion day before yesterday, and I paid through PayPal yesterday to the email provided; I bought the "COMPLETE Package" for 4000 yen and it came to 2000 yen shipping by EMS to central Texas, just for those who are curious (I cannot, of course, guarantee that shipping would be identical around the US, but just to give people a general idea of what to expect). She says it is shipping today (Japan time), and should hopefully arrive in about a week. :) I am super excited!
Edited by EriChanHime, 7 Mar 2017, 04:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

EriChanHime
2 Mar 2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah, my Hind inline won't work with it, either, but it's a tenor F, so it's already a lot quieter than my transverse ones. Still waiting to hear back from Shion about getting mine ordered.

*UPDATE*

I heard back from Shion day before yesterday, and I paid through PayPal yesterday to the email provided; I bought the "COMPLETE Package" for 4000 yen and it came to 2000 yen shipping by EMS to central Texas, just for those who are curious (I cannot, of course, guarantee that shipping would be identical around the US, but just to give people a general idea of what to expect). She says it is shipping today (Japan time), and should hopefully arrive in about a week. :) I am super excited!
Hi, I just want to check whether you received Mr. Mute in safe.

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

What all comes in the complete package?

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
@Shion
Thank you for checking! I have not received it yet. I'm hoping it will come today, now that the weekend is over and the apartment office is open (I cannot receive packages on Sundays). I will, of course, let you know when it arrives. :)

@Jubal
There are a few options for Mr. Mute packages, which are described on page 1 of this thread, as copied from the Facebook post when the product was released. Because my ocarina collection is ever changing, and I do happen to have a large bass ocarina, I chose to get the COMPLETE package with more options. :)

Here is the basic description:

"One is a basic package (we call it BASIC Package) including adapter. You can use it for most of the ocarinas (Alt C, F, G) except
the ones with extremely strong or weak breath requirements or Big bass.

Price is 3000 Yen.

Another one is an optional package (we call it KODAWARI Package). You can use it for ocarina with extremely strong or weak breath requirements as well as soplano or bass. There may be some bass ocarinas that we can not use Mr Mute because of a big size of the mouth piece. Price is 1250 Yen.

If you buy these two at a time, we can give you a discount - so the
price is 4000 Yen for two (we call it COMPLETE Package).

All Japanese taxes are inclusive."
Edited by EriChanHime, 13 Mar 2017, 02:48 PM.

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
I would love this if it didn't absolutely kill the high notes (unlike my violin mute). :)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
The Kodowari package comes in two boxes. One box has two mouthpieces. One designed for ocarina mouthpieces that are round in shape, the other one is more oval for ocarinas that have a more oblong mouthpiece shape. Both boxes have various baffles and sound adjustment plugs that you can swap in or out depending on how much sound attenuation you want. Right now, since the instructions are in Japanese only, I've been experimenting by trying different combinations. Shion says she will be releasing an English translation of the directions for Mr Mute soon. Check out the pictures below. I have three posted but you will have to click on the other two to see them.

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Mr_Mute_kodowari_bundle.jpg (141.3 KB)
Attachments: Mr_Mute_package_1.jpg (35.79 KB)
Attachments: Mr_Mute_package_2.jpg (35.91 KB)
Edited by pandorado100, 14 Mar 2017, 12:17 AM.

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

I need to get that complete package.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Jubal
14 Mar 2017, 03:06 AM
I need to get that complete package.
It's worth getting the Kodowari package especially if you have a broad variety of ocarinas in your collection. You will have a better chance of finding a configuration that will work with your ocarinas.

The total cost of both packages plus EMS shipping to the United States is 6,000 yen which is approximately $55 USD depending on the exchange rate at the time you place your order. Shion takes PayPal and with EMS shipping you get your order fast. :grin:

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

pandorado100
14 Mar 2017, 12:12 AM
The Kodowari package comes in two boxes.
It actually only comes in one box. Base package and Kodawari package together make up the complete package. ;)
Edited by Mark Chan, 15 Mar 2017, 01:58 PM.

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
My Mr. Mute came, as well! I'm very pleased with it, although it's definitely going to be easier to use once English instructions are released. With trial and error, though, I can tell that it at least functions, although I definitely don't have the configuration completely right for the two ocarinas I plan to mostly use it for (a ceramic alto C and a tenor F). I can still hear music coming from the instruments, though, at a GREATLY reduced volume. Breath pressure is a little different, and I haven't found the right combo to let me use my highest 4 notes or so properly, but I'll get there. :)

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
@Eri ChanHime: In correct Japanese, your name should be Eri Hime-chan. Just so you know... :D

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
So...does it stick in the soundhole, or...?

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
It fits over the fipple

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
OcarinaFanatic
16 Mar 2017, 04:05 AM
@Eri ChanHime: In correct Japanese, your name should be Eri Hime-chan. Just so you know... :D
It is definitely not correct Japanese grammar, but then, I'm not actually a princess (hime), either. ;) I've had the handle since I was 15 or 16, and suffixes got added to it a piece at a time by people who liked Japanese, but did not actually speak the language. :3

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Hehe. Your avatar would seem to suggest you are a (very cute) princess.

Unless...don't tell me... your not actually a foofy bunny? 😆

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
After multiple screw-ups from the postal service in France, I finally had my Mr Mute!

Mr Mute adapts with no efforts to the mouth piece of my three ocarine: a Pure Alto G, a Clacol AC and a Focalink plastic AC.

I am still fiddling with the combinations of parts to find what works best.

I am really thankful to Shion Itsuki who was very helpful and even paid for a second delivery because the first time, the French express mail service had screwed up.

I'll try to give my impressions, but I am overloaded with work.

To the others who already had their Mr Mute, what combination of adapters did you use for your ocarina?

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Hi everyone !
I made the Quick Start Guide in English for those who already purchased Mr. Mute or those who are thinking of buying in the future.

My English maybe wrong, so if you have any question, please let me know.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: Mr.MuteQuickGuide_Simple_S.jpg (165.58 KB)
Attachments: Mr.MuteQuickGuide_Detailed_S.jpg (182.56 KB)
Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 29 Mar 2017, 05:15 PM.

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Thank you so much, Shion-san! I am looking forward to testing it with with English instructions when I get home. Your efforts are very much appreciated! :)

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Thank you for this explanation. I was using Google translate to understand the manual, but automatic translations are limited.

Meanwhile, I managed to get MrMute to work, but I still haven't been able to use it so that I could play in a hotel or late at night without disturbing anyone as Milt demonstrated in his video. I'll have more time by the end of next week.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
I need to get this soon. Since I only have one alto ocarina to use with this I'm assuming I don't really need the full package? So if my ocarina has a somewhat oval mouthpiece then could anyone tell me what would be the best option?

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Kae
30 Mar 2017, 06:29 AM
I need to get this soon. Since I only have one alto ocarina to use with this I'm assuming I don't really need the full package? So if my ocarina has a somewhat oval mouthpiece then could anyone tell me what would be the best option?
Please tell me which ocarina do you use ?
l am the right person to ask o(*⌒―⌒*)o
l can ask Milt also (^-^)v
I want to help you m(__)m

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Shion Itsuki for Milt
30 Mar 2017, 02:29 PM
Kae
30 Mar 2017, 06:29 AM
Please tell me which ocarina do you use ?
l am the right person to ask o(*⌒―⌒*)o
l can ask Milt also (^-^)v
I want to help you m(__)m
It's the songbird/ focalink allegro alto C ocarina. Thank you!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Thank you for the English instructions, Shion. I have downloaded both guides and will study them for best effect with my ocarinas. I will probably use them the most on my Pure Alto C, Rotter Zfans and Night by Noble ocarinas since those are what I generally use for my practice sessions.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

For Focalink-family Alt C, Milt is recommending to use Blue Mouthpiece (the size of the hole is 6mm), Orange part (2.7mm) and open 5/6 of the air releasing hole.

Please try to blow very little air first (as if you are feeling that you don't blow in at all) from high C first and down to lower C one note by note.
By doing this, you can feel the extent that you can reduce the volume of sound significantly and try to remember how much small volume is.
Then, you blow in as normally you do while trying to keep the reduced sound you just remember.
(sorry, maybe difficult to explain in English - I just try to do my best to describe it).

This is almost the same as whisper tone on flute.
Here is the reference video you can watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgxloSwOuyY

The concept is the same for Mr. Mute.

Important thing is to control the breath pressure.

As you know, Mr. Mute is a small equipment to mute the sound, but more importantly, if you do not control the breath pressure
you cannot use it properly. In other words, you can tell, by using Mr.Mute, whether you can control the breath pressure or not.

That works like a indicator.

So, do not give up for a while, try to use Mr.Mute and try to get the feeling that you hold the air properly, not blow in like a jet.
(usually, people tend to excessively blow in - off course it is OK, depending on the preference, but it is not the sound that
Milt is trying to achieve, which means very clear sound).

Once you can feel it,
you can produce good sound of ocarina when you play it without Mr. Mute.

That is actually the biggest benefit from using Mr Mute, by comment from Milt.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
I guess a video to show how MrMute is supposed to be setup first would be really great.
But I read on another topic that Milt is currently going through some health issues. I wish him a prompt recovery!
So, in the meantime, I'll try to apply your advices.

Also, do you thing the set up you recommend also apply to plastic Focalink AC? I was planing to use MrMute with my plastic AC during my travels.

EDIT:

Yes! Your explanations really helped me! I was able to play in tune and I see how it can help to control the breath! That's really cool! I already had it to work with my Pure AG!
Edited by Ocypode, 11 Apr 2017, 06:09 PM.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

QUESTION from Pandorad:

Just a quick question about Mr Milt. What would Milt recommend as the best components to put on my ocarina for a 25% reduction in sound volume? I have been trying the Blue mouthpiece with the white ring but it's too soft. I can't seem to get the higher notes to come out. I saw your advice about not blowing too hard but then I can only play from low C up to G. If I try to open up the holes for my left hand, I get nothing but air.

I don't need to make my ocarina super quiet, just turn down the sound a little bit.[/quote]Pandorado, thank you so so much. I will tell Milt your message !

ANSWER:

Also for the best setting for you, I will ask Milt for his advise.
I just want to check "25% reduction" means 1/4 of the original volume, right?

If Mr. Mute works perfect (like whisper tone), it is possible to reduce it to about 1/10 of the original volume.

So I understand you want to reduce a little bit more.

(I moved this post to "Milt invented ...." post for other tonists.)
Ocypode
11 Apr 2017, 11:16 AM
I guess a video to show how MrMute is supposed to be setup first would be really great.
But I read on another topic that Milt is currently going through some health issues. I wish him a prompt recovery!
So, in the meantime, I'll try to apply your advices.

Also, do you thing the set up you recommend also apply to plastic Focalink AC? I was planing to use MrMute with my plastic AC during my travels.

EDIT:

Yes! Your explanations really helped me! I was able to play in tune and I see how it can help to control the breath! That's really cool! I already had it to work with my Pure AG!
That is a good idea to carry Plastic ocarina when you travel around.

I will ask Milt for the advice on the setting for Plastic Focalink Alt C.

C: c: C: c: C: c: C:

I am so glad that you can play in tune and figure out how to control your breath!! ^^

Try to practice that way for a while, let's say for a couple of weeks and see how much your sound would be changed
when you play ocarina "without Mr.Mute".

By practicing with Mr.Mute, you will have figured out how you can control your breath, without realizing it
resulting in a good sound (a good sound is "defined by Milt" to be a sound less harmonic tone (pure tone)
when you play it without Mr. Mute.

I want to see the video of you playing your ocarina with/without Mr.Mute.
(I want to show it to Milt - he must be happy, too!)

Well, I am so happy, really happy because someone is happy! :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 12 Apr 2017, 10:48 AM.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Actually, I am probably not the best person to do a video - not my kind at all, too much an introvert for it I suppose. Maybe when I'll be at ease with MrMute, I'll do sound samples with and without, but that'll take time.

Besides... I now need a proper microphone, because the sound of the ocarina with MrMute on is too low for my tuner! :D But that's great for practice indoors!

--- Edit:
I think that Pandorado100 does not want to have a more muted sound. She wants a louder sound with MrMute.
Edited by Ocypode, 12 Apr 2017, 03:20 PM.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Ocypode
12 Apr 2017, 01:50 PM
Actually, I am probably not the best person to do a video - not my kind at all, too much an introvert for it I suppose. Maybe when I'll be at ease with MrMute, I'll do sound samples with and without, but that'll take time.

Besides... I now need a proper microphone, because the sound of the ocarina with MrMute on is too low for my tuner! :D But that's great for practice indoors!

--- Edit:
I think that Pandorado100 does not want to have a more muted sound. She wants a louder sound with MrMute.
Thank you for your post!
I do not want to push you - just enjoy practicing with Mr.Mute!! :) :)

Ahaha, you need a proper microphone.
When we exhibited Mr.Mute at the Music Exhibition in Shanghai last year, it was so noisy around our booth,
so Milt brought the headset, the microphone to pick up the reduced sound of ocarina to let people hear it.

Yap, I understand. Pandorado 100 wants to reduce just a little bit. ^^

Milt made a new video today !

【What is going to happen if you use Mr.Mute for a while?】

One of Milt's students used Mr.Mute for a couple of weeks,
then realized herself that the quality of her ocarina sound was dramatically improved.

But how? Let's find out!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The benefit to use Mr.Mute on ocarina is you can practice ocarina silently,
without disturbing your family members, pets, etc.

Milt, an inventor of Mr.Mute, wants to share with you the biggest benefit to use Mr.Mute.

(This video is in Japanese with English subtitles)

URL to click!
https://youtu.be/eLEhpsUozUk

Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 12 Apr 2017, 06:26 PM.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Some TONists are in Italy now to attend the Festival there.
David and Mark are there...
I wish I could be there, but in two years time! ^^

Definitely David and Mark brought Mr.Mute with them.
So if anyone there wants to experience it, find them!!

Hope you have a great time together there in Budrio!

Gabbb
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Thank you Shion, i'm still trying to figure out what's the best configuration for me to play my main ocarina, it's not as easy as i thought! :P But i'll come around it eventually :D

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I am just tinkering with Mr Mute trying out different combinations of mouthpiece baffles and sound rings. Eventually, I should find a configuration that works for me through trial and error. I don't need it to be super quiet, just turn the sound down enough so it doesn't project outside of my practice room when I have my windows open. I don't want to annoy my next door neighbor. :)

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
I use the blue mouthpiece with the orange air regulator, that works quite well for my Alto C and Alto G, and even with the plastic Focalink AC - with some limitations, for the moment.
The most difficult part is to blow correctly in the ocarina. For me it took time to find the right way to hold the mouthpiece and blow as I should.
The lower note are quite difficult to play right, the higher notes are even more difficult to play and sound very airy, I suggest to try first a note in the lower-middle of the range of the ocarina and then progress from there in the lower then the upper register.

Now I'm able to play on the whole range of my ceramic ocarinas, for the plastic one, I still have difficulties with the high notes.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Thank you so much, everyone, for your efforts to find the best setting for your own ocarina!
Actually it is very helpful for Milt because he can get the information about the settings on
a variety of ocarinas for people with different breath preferences.

It is very important to do touch and go repeatedly until you are satisfied with your mute effect.
As Pandrado100 mentioned, some want to reduce as much low as possible and some does not need to.

Milt is now producing whole bunch of videos to help you understand more about Mr.Mute.
Here is the link.

This is the first video in this Q&A series.
This might be helpful for Ocypode!
Gabbb
4 May 2017, 10:29 AM
Thank you Shion, i'm still trying to figure out what's the best configuration for me to play my main ocarina, it's not as easy as i thought! :P But i'll come around it eventually :D
Gabbb! It is my pleasure!
Please please do not hesitate to ask any question!
I will pass it on to Milt as much as possible to get the right answer ^^

pandorado100
4 May 2017, 09:38 PM
I am just tinkering with Mr Mute trying out different combinations of mouthpiece baffles and sound rings. Eventually, I should find a configuration that works for me through trial and error. I don't need it to be super quiet, just turn the sound down enough so it doesn't project outside of my practice room when I have my windows open. I don't want to annoy my next door neighbor. :)
The initial settings (just OUT-OF-THE-BOX setting) may be recommendable for you, Pandorado100! if you can give up the pitch,
I mean, if you do not have to use accompaniment for your practice, it should be quiet enough.

With the initial settings, the pitch will be half note lower than the original.

Personally I am wondering why. I should ask Milt. ^^

Ocypode
4 May 2017, 09:55 PM
I use the blue mouthpiece with the orange air regulator, that works quite well for my Alto C and Alto G, and even with the plastic Focalink AC - with some limitations, for the moment.
The most difficult part is to blow correctly in the ocarina. For me it took time to find the right way to hold the mouthpiece and blow as I should.
The lower note are quite difficult to play right, the higher notes are even more difficult to play and sound very airy, I suggest to try first a note in the lower-middle of the range of the ocarina and then progress from there in the lower then the upper register.

Now I'm able to play on the whole range of my ceramic ocarinas, for the plastic one, I still have difficulties with the high notes.
Wao! the combination of the blue mouthpiece and the orange air regulator sounds pretty good to me for Alto C and Alto G.

Please try to use the adapter for any ocarina. It is much easier to use Mr. Mute.
Also it can avoid any space between your Ocarina and Mr.Mute. It must be tightly sealed.

Once you recognize and understand how the whistle tone on ocarina sounds,
I am pretty sure that it is going to be way easier to find the best setting for you and your ocarina!!

Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 5 May 2017, 05:43 PM.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Hi Shion,

This video is quite well explained! Every one starting with MrMute should see it before trying MrMute.

In my case, I managed to solve my problem before (it was fun figuring out how to use it properly). But the funny thing is that Milt talks about all the errors I made (for instance, blowing too hard).

I still thing that a good method to find the correct way to blow is to begin with intermediate notes, and with a tuner. Lower and higher notes are more difficult to reach at first, so it is best to practice on the easy part first.
Edited by Ocypode, 6 May 2017, 06:09 PM.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Ocypode
6 May 2017, 06:06 PM
Hi Shion,

This video is quite well explained! Every one starting with MrMute should see it before trying MrMute.

In my case, I managed to solve my problem before (it was fun figuring out how to use it properly). But the funny thing is that Milt talks about all the errors I made (for instance, blowing too hard).

I still thing that a good method to find the correct way to blow is to begin with intermediate notes, and with a tuner. Lower and higher notes are more difficult to reach at first, so it is best to practice on the easy part first.
Using a tuner is a good idea!
As Milt explained in the video and also you here, to begin with the intermediate notes is good idea, too.
Try to remember how the whistle notes sound by, for example, practicing on E, F to C or so.
Once you know it, try to change the plugs inside or change the mouthpiece to see how it would be different. ^^

Chaud227
Member Avatar
Beginner
I looked through most of this thread the other day and I don't think I came to a conclusion regarding the what I'm wondering, so I'm just going to ask- I have a Takashi 4C being made at the moment, should be here some time in the relative future, and I've noticed the mouthpiece on his Ocarina's are a good deal more elongated than most. Does anyone know if the Mr.Mute will still fit it well? Itd be really awesome to know if anyone has tried this combination specifically :)

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Chaud227
10 May 2017, 02:18 PM
I looked through most of this thread the other day and I don't think I came to a conclusion regarding the what I'm wondering, so I'm just going to ask- I have a Takashi 4C being made at the moment, should be here some time in the relative future, and I've noticed the mouthpiece on his Ocarina's are a good deal more elongated than most. Does anyone know if the Mr.Mute will still fit it well? Itd be really awesome to know if anyone has tried this combination specifically :)
Hi, Takashi 4C is the Alt-C? If so, I have one and I can ask Milt the possible combination for you.

I am pretty sure that you can use Mr.Mute on this ocarina.

Only ocarinas that Mr.Mute does not fit is the multichamber ocarinas (since the shape of the mouthpiece is completely different and it has to be divided into two or three, as you know. To achieve that, Milt needs to get cooperation from/with each maker of the multiplechamber ocarinas such as Falkalink, STL, etc.) + ocarinas which mouthpiece is way big or small so that the adapter does not fit.

Chaud227
Member Avatar
Beginner
Shion Itsuki for Milt
11 May 2017, 02:36 AM
Chaud227
Hi, Takashi 4C is the Alt-C? If so, I have one and I can ask Milt the possible combination for you.

Only ocarinas that Mr.Mute does not fit is the multichamber ocarinas (since the shape of the mouthpiece is completely different and it has to be divided into two or three, as you know. To achieve that, Milt needs to get cooperation from/with each maker of the multiplechamber ocarinas such as Falkalink, STL, etc.) + ocarinas which mouthpiece is way big or small so that the adapter does not fit.

Yes it will be the alto c! Thanks for letting me know, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble to let me know the best combination that would be awesome, I definitely want to get a Mr. mute asap!

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Hi, I'm wondering what the best combination would be for Night by Noble?
----
I'm using the yellow insert and the aqua mouthpiece (from the optional package), with it open one notch. Works Ok, but it's hard to tell if I'm blowing with normal pressure or not. Probably close.

This is really great, btw. I think everyone should get one :) Opens up a lot more practice opportunities.
Edited by Daniel, 16 May 2017, 02:38 AM.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Chaud227
12 May 2017, 02:09 PM
Shion Itsuki for Milt
11 May 2017, 02:36 AM
Chaud227

Yes it will be the alto c! Thanks for letting me know, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble to let me know the best combination that would be awesome, I definitely want to get a Mr. mute asap!
I am very sorry not to come back much sooner!

Here is the setting on Mr.Mute for Kuolong AC.

Blue mouthpiece + Orange plug + 4/6 open

Please try it!

Tip is to try to blow in from High C gently to go down to High B, High A, ....

Thanks!
Daniel
13 May 2017, 01:42 PM
Hi, I'm wondering what the best combination would be for Night by Noble?
----
I'm using the yellow insert and the aqua mouthpiece (from the optional package), with it open one notch. Works Ok, but it's hard to tell if I'm blowing with normal pressure or not. Probably close.

This is really great, btw. I think everyone should get one :) Opens up a lot more practice opportunities.
Hi, Daniel

Once again, so sorry not to come back sooner.
I did not visit TON over the last couple of months. ><

For Night by Noble (I think Plastic one), here is the recommended setting for Mr. Mute.

Blue mouthpiece + Orange plug + 4/6 open

Try this one !!
Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 20 Jul 2017, 06:22 PM.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Thanks! Just so I understand, is it like the attached picture?
Attached to this post:
Attachments: image.jpeg (161.68 KB)

JordonMB
Member Avatar
Ocarina Enthusiast
Very useful! I may need to invest in one of these some day.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Well, it's not my custom to tell praises of a product on internet.

But I must say that after a full day of work, I was able to practice with MrMute in the middle of the night to surprise someone the following day.

That was grand :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ocarina News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ