Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Milt invented a mute equipment exclusively for ocarina!; You can practice ocarina as well as learn how to control breath pressure properly
Topic Started: 28 Oct 2016, 03:56 PM (2,985 Views)
Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Hi, long time no see here on TON.
Please be advised that Milt sends you an important message about his recent invention.

Thank you so much for spending your time to read the message in advance.
:) c: C: :) c: C: :) c: C:

===== Message from Milt =====

【Mr. Mute, invented by Milt】

I am so pleased to announce to the ocarina communities all over the world that I invented and developed into a world first mute equipment for exclusively ocarina, capable of help controlling breath pressure. It is called, Mr. Mute.

Since the invention of the first ocarina, such an equipment for ocarina did not exist due to its unique structure and characteristics (it is not exactly a wind instrument and it is a pot-like shape closing one end) as well as a large variety in size, shape, sound, etc.,.even though mute equipment for other music instrument has been invented.

By knowing the uniqueness of ocarina, I changed my mindset ; during development process, I tried to make a structure to adjust the volume of air before it enters in to ocarina through the wind way, instead of reducing the volume of sound itself because the sound is created on ocarina after air is blown into the inside of the ocarina. This successfully lead to the invention of Mr. Mute.

The brief explanation of what can be done by Mr. Mute:

As for most of the ocarina,

- it does not impact/change the pitch of ocarina
- you can play ocarina with almost the same blow-in feeling as usual
- The intrinsic gentle sound of ocarina remains unchanged
- The volume of sound can be reduced by about 20db
(about one tenth of the level that is reached commonly on ocarina so that you can play ocarina outside at night time)

In addition,

If a player cannot control the breath pressure properly, even the player is a newbie, he/she can recognize that the breath pressure is not controlled properly ;

This is very first technical concept in the world for ocarina, I decided to apply for the international patent a couple of years ago and now it is under process to obtain the intellectual properly right in multiple countries.

Mr. Mute can be used for almost all ocarina (single chamber ocarinas only so far) no matter whatever maker is. I will work on developing an adapter for ocarinas with particularly unique shape and size of its mouthpiece.

As for multi-chamber ocarinas, I would like to discuss with each ocarina maker, if they are interested in, how we can collaborate with them to develop Mr. Mute to attach to their own multi-chamber ocarinas since it requires for Mr. Mute to be attachable according to the shape of the mouthpiece of the multi-chamber ocarinas. I am more than happy to work on this. Please feel free to contact me or Office Itsuki Agency Co., Ltd for further discussion.

Mr. Mute consists of two components, flexibly used to specific ocarina characteristics by changing its combination, taking a large variation of breath pressure required for each ocarina as well as a large variety of feeling that a player has when he/she blows in as “usual” into consideration. Accordingly, the player can adjust the setting of Mr. Mute so that he/she can play ocarina on breath pressure as he/she likes.

Furthermore, if the setting of Mr. Mute is adjusted in accordance with their preference of the breath pressure, or adjusted in accordance with specific strength and speed of the breath as expected for users of ocarinas by each maker or expected for the students by each ocarina teacher, the users or the students feel like as if they are taking lessons on controlling breath pressure on ocarina any time as long as they use Mr. Mute. In other words, Mr. Mute can be used effectively as equipment to learn and practice breath control (the ocarina makes strange noise or does not make any sound if the breath pressure is not controlled properly, so the user, even though he/she is a beginner, can easily recognize it).

Since it is the very first product based on the very first concept in the world, I am sure it takes so long time for the prospective users to understand how to use it properly, or the concept of muting sound on ocarina, and to use it comfortably.

In order to teach how to use Mr. Mute properly and effectively (based on the concept of muting sound on ocarina) to as many ocarina lovers as possible, I would very much appreciate it if the ocarina teachers in the world could help me deliver seminars and workshops all around the world. Please feel free to share any idea and discuss possibilities.

I spent long and difficult time in developing Mr. Mute because it was the first experience for me to develop and produce a certain product. First I did not know what to do, but Nagamine Manufacturing Co., Ltd., especially Mr. Toru Kusanagi, a technical adviser for Nagamine Manufacturing, spent tremendous time and efforts for development of Mr. Mute. I would like to thank you for their patience, support and dedication.

I officially announce here that I will use the proceeds that I am entitled to as the inventor, out of sale of Mr. Mute to achieve my personal goal. I decided to be a professional musician to help the more vulnerable live as human being by providing my own musical skills. Ever since, I have been working on KOP (Khmer Ocarina Project) to support music education in Cambodia, and I have been trying to be of help to correct an injustice in the world even if only slightly. Finally, I have got a chance to do it though the invention of Mr. Mute. Office Itsuki Agency will handle Mr. Mute to offer to the ocarina communities in the world and contribute the full amount of the patent fees payable to me as inventor of Mr. Mute to General Social Foundation Hibiki (meaning the sound) for assistance activities such as KOP or contribution to the society.

I would like to say big thank you to two fellow ocarina enthusiasts, Katsumi Masuda and Chizuko Kawai (the members of the ocarina group called Suiheisen or Horizon in English) for their great support for me in the same spirit of mine. They are also the member of KOP. I am extremely happy to have such wonderful friends in my life.

On a final note, once again I would like to say thank you to all concerned and hope to have your continuous support for me and Mr. Mute.

Milt, Ocarina Player
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

Interesting. Is there a demonstration video?

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
This reads about like one of those ads for the latest wonder product you see on TV.

carbon
Lurker
I had a chance to try a prototype shortly after the 2015 US Ocarina Festival. I was really impressed by the design and am looking forward to seeing/hearing a full production model. It's definitely something people who live in apartments or keep odd hours will want.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Jubal
28 Oct 2016, 05:28 PM
Interesting. Is there a demonstration video?
Yes, we did a shooting on Nov. 17 to make DVD to explain how it works, how to use it properly, considering three major types of users.

1. Those who do not want to care about setting or anything. Just take it out of the box and use it.
2. Those who are at still beginner/intermediate level and sometimes have difficulties to control the breath pressure.
3. Those who really want to practice seriously, control the breath pressure, etc., depending on the characteristics of individual ocarina they have

Most difficult part was, since ocarina varies in size and shape of the mouthpiece, breath pressure proper to each ocarina, the strength of the breath pressure of a player, etc., (actually there are tons of varieties), to make a structure capable of adjusting the setting to each person.

Now DVD is in editing process and it will be published in Japanese, Chinese, Korean and English languages.
It will be given away to first 1000 purchasers of Mr. Mute.

We will prepare for YouTube section in Milt Ocarina World YouTube Channel to show you more details as well as Q&A sections.
Milt will answer to questions. C:
Harp Player
28 Oct 2016, 05:53 PM
This reads about like one of those ads for the latest wonder product you see on TV.
hahaha ^^

What kind of wonder product? I am just interested in.

Hope this would be helpful for those who has difficulties to find time or environment to practice ocarina as mush as he/she likes.

There are huge demand in Japan since Japan is a small country and people living so closely in a relatively small apartment,
even the family members complain about how noisy it is to play ocarina, especially the player is a beginner type ><.

carbon
28 Oct 2016, 11:49 PM
I had a chance to try a prototype shortly after the 2015 US Ocarina Festival. I was really impressed by the design and am looking forward to seeing/hearing a full production model. It's definitely something people who live in apartments or keep odd hours will want.

Hi, Joh, finally we reached to this point.

It was so hard to materialize the idea, considering the cost of development, time we had to use, the level of understanding about ocarina that the manufacturer has, etc. to name a few.

We are preparing for the crowdfunding for this product to procure the fund we need for the final stage of the development before the full production model will be out. It is planned to be out in late December or January 2017. ^^

Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 29 Oct 2016, 01:04 AM.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I just saw this on the facebook group. This looks like a really great idea, and I would certainly buy one of these, depending on price. the Idea is fascinating, and the promise of a quieter tune without loss of quality very much interests me.

vints22
Pendant Ocarinist
and i just spent 5 days shopping for a quieter ocarina when all i need is this.. haha. i would like to hear it first, could anyone share link to a youtube video or something? i checked but i cannot find anything.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
vints22
30 Oct 2016, 01:03 AM
and i just spent 5 days shopping for a quieter ocarina when all i need is this.. haha. i would like to hear it first, could anyone share link to a youtube video or something? i checked but i cannot find anything.
If you have Facebook, Milt posted a video of himself playing Fly Me to the Moon using the Mr. Mute.

https://www.facebook.com/milt.ocarina/videos/1317954034937411/

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Why not just use the blue painters tape trick?

You cover 1/2 of your fipple with the tap (you may need to adjust slightly) and play as normal. Your volume will be greatly reduced and tuning only slightly affected. For those of you on the MO forums you can read the thread about it there.

ContraMuffin
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
Just watched the demo video, Mr. Mute sounds pretty airy. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty impressive, but the airiness is still a bit distracting. Perhaps Milt should look into a way to minimize the airy sound next?

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

That's exactly what I need for my apartment.

For anyone worried about the airy tone, 1. It's intended for quiet pracrice, not performance. 2. Mutes for wind instruments always change the tone a bit. It's expected.

Edit: Yeah, when I go to university I don't even bring my ocarinas because I live in an apartment. When and where can I buy one of these? How much?
Edited by Jubal, 30 Oct 2016, 04:25 PM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I would suggest contacting Shion to find out where to buy the Mr Mute and how much it costs. She is Milt's business manager and fluent in English so she can respond to inquiries.

She can be found on Facebook as Itsuki Shion https://www.facebook.com/Shion.Itsuki?fref=ts

And she is here on TON as "Shion Itsuki for Milt" If you scroll upwards in this thread, you will find a post she made earlier.
Edited by pandorado100, 30 Oct 2016, 07:37 PM.

vints22
Pendant Ocarinist
i asked milt and as far i we can understand each other via FB translation, it is not yet ready for selling. plz correct me if im wrong cause i need one sooner than later lol

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
vints22
30 Oct 2016, 08:22 PM
i asked milt and as far i we can understand each other via FB translation, it is not yet ready for selling. plz correct me if im wrong cause i need one sooner than later lol
Shion said production had not started yet.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Hi, everyone. Thank you for your interest in Mr. Mute.

I try to answer to these questions.

1. It is still prototype. Milt needs to do a final fine tune-up to Mr. Mute.
2. Therefore, we are tying to complete the final fine tune-up asap.
3. The timing to start selling is not fixed yet.
4. We are planning to use crowd funding for Mr. Mute (please keep in touch) with give-aways.
5. Price would be between Y2480 and Y2980, depending on the number of components included.
6. There is an adapter to fit in most of the single-chamber ocarinas - we sell it separately at around Y1000.

As for the technical side, some people are wondering whether it is enough to use straw applied to a voicing part.
Maybe it is good enough, but it is difficult to keep the tune. Milt already tried tons of times using a variety of materials.

Also, it sounds airly. Yes it does because Mr. Mute intentionally release the air depending on the breath pressure of a player.
If a player has a strong breath, then choose a wider hole, and vice versa.
Inside Mr. Mute, there is a little part - this is to make another adjustment for air volume.

Also there are 4 types of mouthpiece on Mr. Mute. You can choose one that fits to your breath pressure as well.
So important thing is to find the best setting for you.
At first, it sounds complicated but, once you understand the basic theory, it is not difficult. Just adjust Mr. Mute to your breath pressure.

Any question, please feel free to contact me or post here.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
I'm definitely interested in this, I never get to practice because ocarinas hurt my sister's ears :)

Comrade_Derpsky
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 4
This would be really nice to have handy since I live in a student dormitory and can't really practice inside my apartment.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
The adjustable breath pressure and multiple mouthpieces are great selling points, to me. Also, that seems like a really reasonable price, I may just have to pick up one or two of these :)

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I saw this on Facebook a couple days ago. Super excited for these to start production. I also live in an apartment, and my roommate finds the ocarina fine but too loud most of the time. This would mean I could practice later in the evening, and at times when she's home. Good luck with bringing it to market. Please keep us up to date here about crowd funding plans. :)

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

hylian_shieldmaiden
31 Oct 2016, 06:03 PM
I'm definitely interested in this, I never get to practice because ocarinas hurt my sister's ears :)
Thank you for your interest C:

Actually, Milt, as professional player, sometimes has difficulties since the sound of ocarina is too loud to his ears
(think about the distance from your mouth to your ears).

That is one of the reasons or motivations for him to have decided to work on this product.

Not only people next door, but also family members may be affected.
Especially, babies, elders, and those who are sick or so are irritated by the loud noise, even cat does not like it.

Milt is trying so hard to make this happen as soon as possible.
Comrade_Derpsky
31 Oct 2016, 08:44 PM
This would be really nice to have handy since I live in a student dormitory and can't really practice inside my apartment.
I am sure you would be happy if you use Mr Mute at the dormitory.

Milt said people can even sleep while someone playing ocarina with Mr. Mute.

In Japan, we always have noise problem since we normally live in small apartment with thin wall.

But ocarina lovers in Japan really want to practice, especially before the student recital or their own small concert, etc.,
but for the above-mentioned reason, they can not practice in their house.
So what they do is rent a studio paying some fee and practice ocarina or practice it in the car, etc.

Milt's student once practiced ocarina at around 9pm, and suddenly the policeman came over saying
"Excuse me, I am afraid to say you are annoying people around you".

This could happen all the time in Japan. :S
Vendace
1 Nov 2016, 03:39 PM
The adjustable breath pressure and multiple mouthpieces are great selling points, to me. Also, that seems like a really reasonable price, I may just have to pick up one or two of these :)
The multiple mouthpieces and the multiple small components inside the body of Mr. Mute enables you to adjust precisely to your preferred breath pressure.

Milt is really paying attention to making it usable for anyone who has strong breath, or weak breath.

Actually there are tons of combinations. ^^
EriChanHime
1 Nov 2016, 07:57 PM
I saw this on Facebook a couple days ago. Super excited for these to start production. I also live in an apartment, and my roommate finds the ocarina fine but too loud most of the time. This would mean I could practice later in the evening, and at times when she's home. Good luck with bringing it to market. Please keep us up to date here about crowd funding plans. :)
Yes, believe it or not, the ocarina is too loud even though it is such a small instrument.

As you said, you can practice any time, really any time !! Believe me :)

Probably, Milt is thinking valuable give-away package for ocarina lovers for crowd funding, for example, The Basic of basic ocarinas, How to Make Milt - Learn how to use effect pedal for ocarina, How to make beautiful sound on ocarina, His CDs, His sheet music, his one-time Chat and ocarina clinic over the Skype, ect.

If you have any idea, please do not hesitate to tell me - I will ask Milt. C: C: C:
Edited by Shion Itsuki for Milt, 1 Nov 2016, 08:19 PM.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
That looks really neat. It would be a great tool for practicing, and I think it could open the opportunity for more effects like how in symphony music, some parts (mainly for brass) can be written to be played with a mute.

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Kitten Forest
2 Nov 2016, 02:42 PM
That looks really neat. It would be a great tool for practicing, and I think it could open the opportunity for more effects like how in symphony music, some parts (mainly for brass) can be written to be played with a mute.
Thank you so much for your comment. I told Milt about it and he said he agree and he has got some ideas. At least he will use Mr. Mute for his performance tomorrow ^^

sunsetcafe
Beginner
I'm a newbie of ocarina who live in an apartment. I always want to practice ocarina but it's really too loud.
Now you invented Mr. Mute, I really interested in it.

Please let us know when it available on the market~

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Cover about 1/2 of the fipple with some blue painters tape, it will do the same thing for nearly nothing.

ProbablyNot
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
I just noticed on Facebook that mr. mute is now available. I don't have Facebook so I can't ask any questions there. Does anyone know how to order and if they ship to the US? I'm interested in getting one. Thanks.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Taken directly from FB page:

Hi, this is Shion, a manager to Milt.
Since there are couple of people who are interested in Mr. Mute.
Let me explain about Mr. Mute (official name in English).

Now, there are two types of Mr. Mute available.

One is a basic package (we call it BASIC Package) including adapter. You can use it for most of the ocarinas (Alt C, F, G) except
the ones with extremely strong or weak breath requirements or Big bass.

Price is 3000 Yen.

Another one is an optional package (we call it KODAWARI Package). You can use it for ocarina with extremely strong or weak breath requirements as well as soplano or bass. There may be some bass ocarinas that we can not use Mr Mute because of a big size of the mouth piece. Price is 1250 Yen.

If you buy these two at a time, we can give you a discount - so the
price is 4000 Yen for two (we call it COMPLETE Package).

All Japanese taxes are inclusive.

The manual for Mr. Mute is only available in Japanese at the moment.
We will arrange the translation into English and Korean languages soon and eventually Chinese.
Once it is ready I will send it in PDF.

In Japan, we cannot play ocarina whenever we want, because we really have to be careful not to disturb other people at the next door.(Japan is such a small country). Some people outside Japan may not have to worry about it because their house is much bigger than the one in Japan or there is a distance to the next door. Even though, it is indeed very convenient to carry around when you travel, and you do no have to disturb other people at hotel. Not everyone loves ocarina sound. ><

If you have any further question, please let me know. ^^

Payment by PayPal is acceptable.

Email is "fukerun@office-itsuki.com"
Edited by jordan.1210, 10 Feb 2017, 12:23 AM.

LillyDragon
Member Avatar
*sips tea*
It's great these are available now! Thanks for reposting that information, Jordan.

I may not have many relatives to bother in my case, houses are half a mile apart here, but I'd love to play in the evening without waking people in the house up, and to play my little soprano without hurting my ears or the dog's. This would be more ideal than getting musician's earplugs for me. (Although I'll still buy a set eventually. A Mr. Mute is simply coming first.)

Definitely looking into this!

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Glad I could help!

ProbablyNot
Pendant Ocarinist x 5
Thanks for the info Jordan.1210

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
No problem :D

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Thanks for the heads up! I'm off Facebook for the month of February (needed an emotional break), so it's great to know that these have gone into production and sales! :)

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Well time to put it on the list of things to order. Having one of these would definitely be a blessing to our apartment neighbors :P

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Or a student living in dorms XD

link500
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 4
Harp Player
30 Oct 2016, 04:47 AM

You cover 1/2 of your fipple with the tap (you may need to adjust slightly) and play as normal. Your volume will be greatly reduced and tuning only slightly affected. For those of you on the MO forums you can read the thread about it there.
after reading this topic a few times, I actually attempted the blue painters tape....

it DIDN'T work... :S

least not in the way described, the volume was not really reduced at all, and it sounded really whispy and unpleasent, though still extremely loud. I tried adjusting the tape multiple times and either killed the sound entirely, or once again got the whispy sound, and other times i'd still have very loud lower notes, but NO sound at any of the higher ones.

Edited by link500, 17 Feb 2017, 07:32 AM.

LillyDragon
Member Avatar
*sips tea*
I read on YouTube that there is an IndieGoGo campaign so Mr. Mute units can be sold outside of Japan, but I'm having trouble finding that. Does anyone have a link, if that campaign is still going? I'd love to chip in myself.

heike
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
LillyDragon
17 Feb 2017, 05:50 PM
I read on YouTube that there is an IndieGoGo campaign so Mr. Mute units can be sold outside of Japan, but I'm having trouble finding that. Does anyone have a link, if that campaign is still going? I'd love to chip in myself.

You can order Mr Mute directly with Itsuki Shion using this email: fukerun@office-itsuki.com
She sent it out Monday and I got it in Germany on Friday :-)
It works well!

Attached to this post:
Attachments: MrMute_onRotterOcarinas.jpg (179.83 KB)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
jordan.1210
10 Feb 2017, 12:21 AM
Taken directly from FB page:

Hi, this is Shion, a manager to Milt.
Since there are couple of people who are interested in Mr. Mute.
Let me explain about Mr. Mute (official name in English).

Now, there are two types of Mr. Mute available.

One is a basic package (we call it BASIC Package) including adapter. You can use it for most of the ocarinas (Alt C, F, G) except
the ones with extremely strong or weak breath requirements or Big bass.

Price is 3000 Yen.

Another one is an optional package (we call it KODAWARI Package). You can use it for ocarina with extremely strong or weak breath requirements as well as soplano or bass. There may be some bass ocarinas that we can not use Mr Mute because of a big size of the mouth piece. Price is 1250 Yen.

If you buy these two at a time, we can give you a discount - so the
price is 4000 Yen for two (we call it COMPLETE Package).

All Japanese taxes are inclusive.

The manual for Mr. Mute is only available in Japanese at the moment.
We will arrange the translation into English and Korean languages soon and eventually Chinese.
Once it is ready I will send it in PDF.

In Japan, we cannot play ocarina whenever we want, because we really have to be careful not to disturb other people at the next door.(Japan is such a small country). Some people outside Japan may not have to worry about it because their house is much bigger than the one in Japan or there is a distance to the next door. Even though, it is indeed very convenient to carry around when you travel, and you do no have to disturb other people at hotel. Not everyone loves ocarina sound. ><

If you have any further question, please let me know. ^^

Payment by PayPal is acceptable.

Email is "fukerun@office-itsuki.com"
Has anybody managed to order this from the United States? I'm wondering if it is limited to people ordering from the EU because I know of only two TONians who have Mr Mute so far and they live in Germany and Denmark.

Gosh, I hope I can get one before summer. I can't practice my ocarina late at night when it's hot outside because I have to keep my windows open to get cool air. Which means I will disturb my next door neighbor whose bedroom window is very close to the room where I practice. :<

heike
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
pandorado100
18 Feb 2017, 08:17 PM
Has anybody managed to order this from the United States? I'm wondering if it is limited to people ordering from the EU because I know of only two TONians who have Mr Mute so far and they live in Germany and Denmark.

Gosh, I hope I can get one before summer. I can't practice my ocarina late at night when it's hot outside because I have to keep my windows open to get cool air. Which means I will disturb my next door neighbor whose bedroom window is very close to the room where I practice. :<
If you had just emailed her, be patient. She is in the middle of the night right now in Japan :-). I'm sure you'll get an answer tomorrow and I'm also sure she'll send to the US just as well.

Ocypode
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
For those who already have it, does it work as advertised?
Perhaps there are some sound samples with and without Mr Mute?
Edited by Ocypode, 19 Feb 2017, 09:07 PM.

acyriala
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
These are the videos I've seen so far of Mr. Mute:

@pandorado100: they can ship to the US, I placed an order recently but haven't gotten it yet
Edited by acyriala, 20 Feb 2017, 04:16 PM.

Harp Player
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
link500
17 Feb 2017, 07:27 AM
Harp Player
30 Oct 2016, 04:47 AM

after reading this topic a few times, I actually attempted the blue painters tape....

it DIDN'T work... :S

least not in the way described, the volume was not really reduced at all, and it sounded really whispy and unpleasent, though still extremely loud. I tried adjusting the tape multiple times and either killed the sound entirely, or once again got the whispy sound, and other times i'd still have very loud lower notes, but NO sound at any of the higher ones.

It works great on the Mountain Ocarina. It could be that the different shape of the fipple on your instrument.

Ocypode
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
@acyriala

Thank you for the links. I wasn't able to find the one on Facebook, even after expending all comments I could. Perhaps it was removed, or it is not accessible to people who are not members. No matter, the two other videos gave me a good idea.

I think I'll give it a try. I need to practice more, and when I'm away from home it's generally complicated since I don't want to make too much noise.

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I just sent the email to order one of these (I'm in Texas), so I look forward to seeing the reply. Hopefully everything works out great. I'm super excited. I can't practice often because of apartment living, and a roommate sensitive to the sounds of some of my instruments. I'll happily provide an update on how things go so that others in the US have something to go by. :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

pandorado100
18 Feb 2017, 08:17 PM
Got mine two weeks ago. Took about 4 days to arrive.
I was in Germany when it arrived though, so I didn't really get it until after I got back.

I haven't played around with it too much, but so far, I like it. I was playing music past midnight, lol.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
I want to get one now after seeing the positive feedback but I don't have too many transverse that have the normal format (too wide of a mouthpiece). Funny enough I have more pendants (I don't really like pendants as much). Once they design a way for pendants or multichambers, or I just cave, I'm sure to get one

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Ocarina News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ