Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Broken Search Feature
Topic Started: 31 Aug 2016, 11:22 AM (474 Views)
Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Hey all, :hi:

I've just seen a few Facebook posts and received a few PMs and I thought I'd investigate the the search not working problem.
It turns out the forum providers are upgrading servers and they say it's to do with them migrating all forums to new hardware.

They are currently in the process of rebuilding the indexes used for searching and without the indexes there is no searching (seriously it would put a lot of strain on their architecture to do normal database searches). Obviously the bigger the forum the longer the indexing will take.

http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7000135/1/
http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7000549/1/

Until the indexing is complete there is nothing I can do, if this continues for some time, please let me know and I'll open a ticket about this. :shakefist:

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is totally out of my control,

Jack (Elven Spellmaker) :cowbellhit:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Thanks for the update Jack. Here's a tip. You can use Google to search TON. Just add this in Google search box with your Search terms

site:http://theocarinanetwork.com
Edited by Wollemi Pine, 31 Aug 2016, 10:36 PM.

reikokuna
Member Avatar
Black sheep among your daily lurkers
Thanks for the info, Jack! :D

And thanks for the tip, Wollemi! Jeanne shared your tip on FB as an alternative to a number of us who were wondering about the search issue.

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Unfortunately you can't search the private sections of the forum that way though. =(

reikokuna
Member Avatar
Black sheep among your daily lurkers
Ah, that is true. :(

Here's to waiting! :)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Elven Spellmaker
31 Aug 2016, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately you can't search the private sections of the forum that way though. =(
There are private sections on the forum? I didn't know that. Probably because they're private? :rofl:

I usually use the Google search function to locate old TON posts on ocarina maintainance or sound recording techniques etc.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ